2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to turn off my PPC ad for the weekend-simply

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone tell me the best way to shut off all my campaigns on Saturday morning (3AM) and restart them on Monday morning at 6AM EST?

I have read [TFM] the articles on setting up the custom ad schedule and it seems very complex in terms of asking Requirements: [CTR/Performance/Analytics/etc.] "Using data from:"? What does that even mean? Why not just have a button that says pauses all ads and then you choose a Day/Time and if you want it One Time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc...? What's with all the questions for this simple task? Offer all the questions in an Advanced Tab for the techno-muckety-mucks.

My account went from around spending $300.00 per weekend to now over $800.00 per weekend with no growth is sales. [ At All ]

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to turn off my PPC ad for the weekend-simply

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jason,

I don't think you need to set up an automated rule. You can just adjust the schedule from the settings tab on your campaigns. Unless I'm missing something here, this should solve your issue.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Jerry G,

You can Achieve this by enabling ad scheduling in your campaigns and it is quite simple. if you have multiple campaigns in your accounts you have to schedule each of them according to your preference. (Note Ad scheduling is available only in All feature enabled campaign)

to enable ad scheduling

1. Under All online campaigns, click the name of the campaign to be scheduled.
  2. Click the Settings tab, then click the Ad schedule subtab.
  3. Click the + Ad schedule button.
  4. Make your selections for specific days and times.
  5. Click Save.

While scheduling your campaign keep in mind schedules you set will work according to time zone you selected when you initially created your AdWords account. if your target audience time zone is different from your account time zone then you have to adjust your scheduling accordingly.

Follow the link for detailed info https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

regards,
Rahul Goel

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jason,

I don't think you need to set up an automated rule. You can just adjust the schedule from the settings tab on your campaigns. Unless I'm missing something here, this should solve your issue.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Jerry G,

You can Achieve this by enabling ad scheduling in your campaigns and it is quite simple. if you have multiple campaigns in your accounts you have to schedule each of them according to your preference. (Note Ad scheduling is available only in All feature enabled campaign)

to enable ad scheduling

1. Under All online campaigns, click the name of the campaign to be scheduled.
  2. Click the Settings tab, then click the Ad schedule subtab.
  3. Click the + Ad schedule button.
  4. Make your selections for specific days and times.
  5. Click Save.

While scheduling your campaign keep in mind schedules you set will work according to time zone you selected when you initially created your AdWords account. if your target audience time zone is different from your account time zone then you have to adjust your scheduling accordingly.

Follow the link for detailed info https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

regards,
Rahul Goel