6.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to tell when ads stop showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads stop running due to my limited budget. I am trying to get creative and do things like review geographic data and choose countries with most activity and find dayparts to run ads when they would be most effective. Is there any way to tell what time of day my ads and keywords are most active?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: How to tell when ads stop showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ojaicom,

To add to the very good advice from Dave Davis :

My understanding of your question is that you want to see a report with keywords (what time of day my ads and keywords are most active)a brakedown of geographic areas and day parts to exclude in order to optimize spending.....not to find out at what hour during the day your campaign stoped serving.

"review geographic data and choose countries with most activity "

For this you can look in the Dimensions tab , the Geographics report and activate some of the metrics found under Columns >>Customize columns>>Conversions.

In case you are not tracking conversions you will be able only to select Clicks per Geographic location

This will show you how the campaign is doing , not at the keyword level.

"Is there any way to tell what time of day my ads and keywords are most active?"

Unfortunately the segment "Hour of the day" is not available in the keywords or Ads tab, you can only see this segmentation at the campaign level in AdWords.

The alternative is to look in Google Analytics in the report : Aquisition >> AdWords >>Hour of the Day>> and finaly select from Secondary Dimension = Keyword.

If you have Goals defined in Google analytics it will show you even more useful data regarding Goal conversion rate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Adrian

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Let me also add that you can use the Dimensions tab of your campaign to check the hour(s) of the day(s) when your ads are showing or not showing. Depending on whether Mon-Fri or weekends are high traffic times for your product/service, you may see very different data for different days of the week.

You can even download a copy of the Hour Of Day report, with a Day Of Week segment added, and see how far your budget is going for different time-frames.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*