AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to structure campaign for best performance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Let assume i want to advertise for services "Web Design"

My keywords are 

• web design
  • web design new york
  • web design chicago

I have different landing page and ad design(ad text) for all three keywords lets say

• exampl.com/web-design.html   (My ad design:  Web Design Services Best Rates )
  • exampl.com/web-design-newyork.html (My ad design:  Web Design Services in New York )
  • exampl.com/web-design-chicago.html  (My ad design:  Web Design Services in Chicago )

My target location is USA (all states and  cities )

How can achieve following with best practice 

1. exampl.com/web-design-newyork.html (My ad design:  Web Design Services in New York )

I want to trigger above ad with situation like

A.User searching for keyword "web design" user location :  New York 

B. user searching for keyword "web design new york" user location :  Anywhere in USA

2. exampl.com/web-design-chicago.html  (My ad design:  Web Design Services in Chicago )

A.User searching for keyword "web design" user location : Chicago

B. user searching for keyword "web design chicago" user location :  Anywhere in USA

3. exampl.com/web-design.html   (My ad design:  Web Design Services Best Rates )

A. User searching for keyword "web design" user location :  Anywhere in USA (except : chicago and new york)

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to structure campaign for best performance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Anyone?

Re: How to structure campaign for best performance?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Nilesh,

You repeatedly use the expression "I want to trigger above ad with..." which makes the post look like a declaration versus a query. If you really want to that, you should do that of course.

I, for one, would refrain from the redundant 1B and 2B scenarios because they will be included in 1A and 2A respectively, if your keyword matching options are set to phrase or broad match and your advanced geographical settings use the default options.

My structure would leave you with 3 "situations" or better to say 3 ad campaigns:

1. User searching for keyword "web design" user location : New York
2. User searching for keyword "web design" user location : Chicago
3. User searching for keyword "web design" user location : Anywhere in USA (except : chicago and new york)

This structure will reflect the build up of your website and allow you to set separate budgets for the campaigns, while creating ad copies relevant to the keywords and Landing Pages.

Best,
Lakatos