Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to stop some products from appearing in product listing ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I am trying to improve my PLA (Shopping campaign) ads performance by removing some of the badly performing products from the list.

But If I remove the same, my remarketing campaign might get affected. Because if someone looks at the products which I have removed from the shopping campaign product list, then re-marketing campaign might not pick this item (Or similar ones) up.

Please let me know a way to achieve both.

1. Disable some products from appearing in PLA

2. Re-marketing campaign works perfectly  along with the above disabled  products.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can temporarily,or permanently disable individual products from being displayed in Google Shopping, from within the AdWords Shopping campaign interface.  

On the "Product Groups" tab, click on the max cpc number in the "Max. CPC" column, for any product.  When the price adjustment box pops up, there is an "Excluded" radio button that you can click.  Thereafter, the product will be listed as "excluded". 

To enable them to still showup in remarketing, you will have to run two compaigns.  I would set the remarketing campaign to "medium" priority and let them both run in parallel.  Then apply a remarketing Audience directly to the second campaign, using the +Targeting button, and use "Target and Bid" so it is only dishing remarketing ads. 

Two Shopping campaigns can be run at the same time, with the same products from the same feed, as long as the campaign priorities are set differently. 

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick reply sir. That sounds like a good solution. I'll apply and check.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Best of luck Sriharsha.  

If I were you I would also partition the products into Ad Groups.  Then within each ad group you just activate the relevant product groups.  It makes it easier to keep track of what's paused in one campaign and active in the other.  Also you can pause entire ad groups in one campaign then activate it in the other. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Adding to Steve's point, if you don't want to do two campaigns, you could either bid down 90% the items in question, or do a separate low priority ad group for them.