AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to stop same ad showing up in all placements on a page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

Stumbled across a few pages now where our ads show up on several places within the same page/url - don't want to limit the freq cap too severely (conversions went up after increasing the freq a week ago), but would like to eliminate wastage a bit if possible (was just on a page with 5 ad placements..and our ads were on all of them!)

I know these ads are probably from the re-targeting campaign because the bid is much higher there...but lowering it might affect the ads appearing in high-visibility placements right?

Re: How to stop same ad showing up in all placements on a page?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi

Re-targeting campaign targets a particular cookie(you in this case) not the placement you are visiting, that's why you were seeing the ads on all the pages of the site.

The only possible way to address your issue would be to reduce the frequency cap of the campaign. You can cap the daily frequency of the impression in place of week if it performs better for you.

If you don't want to add the appear on some particular placement, you can add it as a negative placement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey!

Ah no i meant they are appearing multiple times on the same page (one url).

For example a page has 3 ad placements/slots
728x90
300x250
Another 300x250

My ad appears in all three.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Oh Sorry, I misunderstood.

I guess you are bidding a bit high that's why you are getting impressions everywhere. I don't see any other way rather than bidding low or use of only selected ad sizes but both of them will affect your campaign's performance on other good placements.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

It is frustrating that on Adwords there is no possibility to only allow 1 Ad being displayed per publisher page without changing the capping.

However, you can use a Demand Side Platform that has this capability such as Doubleclick. You can set advanced rules such as only displaying one ad per page.