AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to start up Google search and shopping campaign ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I hope you all are doing well. I want to discuss something: Here is my query:-

- I have a website , Selling tea infuser bottle, coconut oil for pulling and 3 product more. 

- Our targeted location is (Australia)

- I'm create 3 ad groups. 1 for each product with relevant keywords.

- I have around 120+ keywords for these 3 ad groups using broad match.

- My budget is $10 in a day. Max Cpc is $1.

Now exact question is that, I'm only get clicks no any conversion? I have good Quality score and CTR but still no conversion. Any body suggest me any strategy for this campaign? I'm waiting for your answers. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to start up Google search and shopping campaign ?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Arvind,

First off I would go to your campaign and click the keyword tab then click the search term button and look through the list of keywords that triggered your ads. Look for any keywords that may not fit your marketing strategy and add them as negative keywords.

Then I would thoroughly go through this help sections on improving your keywords for search.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453976?hl=en&ref_topic=3122868\

Myself I do not usually target Broad Matched Keywords, however every businesses marketing strategy is different.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Arvind,

Troy is right! There seems to be a disconnect between the keywords you are showing up for and the content on your website. When people are getting to your website, they aren't seeing what they are expecting. So I would definitely take a close look at your keywords. Keep the ones are directly related to your products and brand, but take out the ones that are throwing people off. You can identify those by looking at the ones with the highest bounce rate.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Arvind,

First Check whether the adwords conversion tracking code is available on the thank you page.
Make sure that is product ad has a relevant landing page.

Now I recommend to use the Modified broad match type keywords instead of broad, even you can use mixed match types including phrase too.
secondly i don't think that you need to have more that 12-13 keywords for each adgroup as all the combinations of modified broad will be covered within those combinations.
Using too many keywords within single adgroup will never let to perform all the keywords instead it will extra efforts with no benefit.

Edit:

Shopping campaigns need the use of google merchant center account and then linking this account with adwords.

You need to upload the product feeds within merchant center account.

Please make sure that you have Relevant titles and descriptions of the products, GTIN, product category and enough bids for shopping/PLA.

Also, check whether the campaign's advanced location setting is:
Target: People in my targeted location
exclude: People in my excluded location

Now, I thing you might be having enough data to analyse which device is performing, so you can use device bid adjustments accordingly for mobile devices.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Arvind,

As you said you have 120+ keywords running in Broad match. If you want to know what search term your users are using to reach on your website then I would say you should run keywords in BMM, it will definitely save your cost compared to Broad match.

Also, you are getting clicks but no conversion, means users are interested when they firstly see your ad on Google search results. But they are not buying anything when they entered into your site. Simple logic is just do competitor research and compare what your competitors are offering and you are not, make changes accordingly.

I think it will prove help Mate!

Thanks
Pankaj Sharma