AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to show ads only on certain mobile devices (ipad, Note II, etc...)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want only show my ads on certain brands and models of mobile devices based on info from google analytic that show me which devices are converting better. For example: If I only want to show ads on the Galaxy Note II, the Apple Ipad, and the Iphone, how would I do that?  Any ideas?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Philip E
September 2015

Re: How to show ads only on certain mobile devices (ipad, Note II, etc

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

This is a good strategy to aim at an audience with a relative financial power. Too bad we can't target pink phones too Smiley Happy

After you create a campaign, go back to it by clicking its name, click on Settings and scroll to "Devices" like this :

how-to-select-phone-targeting.png

Click on edit, then on the plus sign to expand options, then choose OS and phone and add them to the right pannel. Save the settings and you are ready to target only those devices. Be aware that anything else will be excluded in that campaign, even desktops+tablets or other mobiles.

select-device.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I could not find these options in my AdWords account. There is no "+" to expand devices. I see only 2 options: "Mobile devices with full browsers" and "Tablets with full browsers". Did Google disable the choice of devices?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@Stanislav F

Yes disabled for Search Network campaigns, but still there for Display Network campaigns ( all features). However this setting is for normal Ads ( text, image) not for click to download.

However I have read your other post and you want to promote an iOS App, this type of Ad "App promotion Ad" will only run on the type of device where it can be used , read more about it here : link

App promotion ads will only show on the device from which the app can be installed. This means that ads for Android apps will only show on Android devices, and not on iOS devices. Ads for apps available only for tablets won’t show on mobile devices."