AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to setup automated rule to increase Avg Position?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Friends,

I am trying to setup automated rule for high competitive keyword in my adgroup. I am trying to increase my budget when avg position < 1.4. Is it right approach to set the automated rule?

Can anyone guide me?

AutomatedRule.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joomla J
September 2015

Re: How to setup automated rule to increase Avg Position?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joomla,

I think there is a typo in your Query "trying to increase my budget when avg position < 1.4" - it should be CPC, not Budget. Please confirm.

The rule seems to be OK.

But, at the time your Rule will run (anytime within an hour from 7 AM in your case) if your avg. position was never dropped below 1.4, nothing will change. And if your position drops to below 1.4 after the rule has run for the day, nothing will change again.

To counter this, you may want to create multiple Rules in 2-3 hours gap during the day with same settings. Doing this will ensure that your Avg. Position is getting checked every 2-3 hours (as and when rule runs) and if it drops below 1.4 your Max CPC may well increase. It's a bit tricky, try if it works.

Regards,
Ashish

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joomla J
September 2015

Re: How to setup automated rule to increase Avg Position?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joomla,

I think there is a typo in your Query "trying to increase my budget when avg position < 1.4" - it should be CPC, not Budget. Please confirm.

The rule seems to be OK.

But, at the time your Rule will run (anytime within an hour from 7 AM in your case) if your avg. position was never dropped below 1.4, nothing will change. And if your position drops to below 1.4 after the rule has run for the day, nothing will change again.

To counter this, you may want to create multiple Rules in 2-3 hours gap during the day with same settings. Doing this will ensure that your Avg. Position is getting checked every 2-3 hours (as and when rule runs) and if it drops below 1.4 your Max CPC may well increase. It's a bit tricky, try if it works.

Regards,
Ashish