Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove placement excluded?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I know that I can remove the excluded placements one by one but I was wondering if there is a way to remove the more quickly. Filters or..?

If anyone can help me on this, I'd be grateful!

Thanks

Thery

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove placement excluded?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Thery,
If you're trying to remove sites that you've previously selected as Excluded Placements, answer below. If you're trying something else, please let us know and we can provide more details.
Yes, you can remove Managed Placements in bulk - have you ever used the AdWords Editor? Using the AdWords Editor, you can log in, download your Account, and then quickly highlight placements to be removed.
About AdWords Editor - https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/?hl=en#topic=3290839
AdWords Editor - http://www.google.com/intl/en_US/adwordseditor/
Filter Data View AdWords Editor - https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/33143?hl=en
Update Placements, AdWords Editor - https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/59107?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Yes I'm using Adwords Editor as well but I can't see the excluded placements. These removed sites were automatic placements but I wanted to remove some of my exclusions and doing it one by one takes a while...

Thank you for your answer tough!

Thery

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
There's a Positive/Negative switch at the top of the Placements tab (and some others) in Editor. Click on Negative to see exclusions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ha thank you, I thought I had already tried.. However, we still can't see the different metrics concerning these placements.

For instance, if you take a excluded placement on Adwords, you can see his previous CTR / CPC etc. but not in Editor. Therefore, I can't select exactly the excluded placements that I want to remove from exclusions.

I've already tried to "get recent changes" -> "more data" and not only "basic".

Thanks anyway for you answer!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thery,

To download statistics in the AdWords Editor go to 

Data / Statistics ( found at the bottom) / Whole account ( slower) / final click on "All time "

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for this update but you can't see the different data as CTR / Clicks / Impressions for the excluded placements, do you?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

True, the AdWords editor shows you under "Positive" placements what you would see in the interface under "All eligible placements" and this does not include what you see in the interface as "statistics for excluded or deleted placements".

The "Negative" tab in the AdWords editor only shows you the list of ad group , placement exclusions, this is why it has no statistics, it is the equivalent of going in the interface in the Targeting / Ad Group Exclusions / Placements.

Let's return to the interface, I have applied the following filter, but interesting enough it shows also deleted, paused and Excluded placements, then I selected 500 per page to get all in one page :

filter-placements-not-eligible-to-run.png

Then I tried downloading the report , but surprise surprise, the excluded placements which appear in the interface do not get saved in the AdWords placements report.

So I just selected the entire tabel with my mouse starting from the upper left corner diagonally to the bottom, copy-pasted it in excel and from there I could select "Excluded" and do other selections just to obtain a smaller list of placements. 

drag-to-select.png

After you obtain the "good excluded placements" to restore them , just copy paste the list from excel to the Targeting / Placements table. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This sounds perfect and I really appreciate the effort for answering so clearly but I still have some trouble with these steps.. Smiley Happy

Like you said, the first thing I've tried is to Filter my excluded placements with "Not Eligible to run". However, this filter doesn't show me ANY placements while I can see some of my excluded placements on the "All placements" tab.

I have doublechecked the date, the all placement tab, etc. Everything seems to be alright altough nothing is showing up!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't why I can't see excluded placements with Filter "Not Eligible to Run" but I can still see them if take all placements and I filter by "status" (red ball on the left to Placement tab).

Then, I can download the report as you said but I can't filter the excluded ones in my Excel sheet.. I'm following your step with the mouse but nothing changed.

I really appreciate your help, thank you!