AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove Google Search Partners at the Ad Group Level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have serval robust campaigns with many ad groups, and some ad groups are not returning very well via the Search Partners Network; however, some are doing decent. So I was wondering if there is a way for me to opt certain ad groups out of the Google Search Partners Network, without pausing the entire campaign? As I would prefer to keep the profitable ad groups running.

Thanks!

Casey

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove Google Search Partners at the Ad Group Level

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Casey,

Search Partner is a campaign level settings, therefore we can not change it for selected adgoups. Alternatively, you need to create a separate campaign for adgroups performing decent on search partners. 

Edit: But you need to have proper structure and negative keyword strategy so that your keywords won't contradict with each other across campaigns for Google Search. If I need to run ads only on search partner and not to google search I generally keep bids too low for Search partner campaign. So Ads rarely show up on Google search. This works for some of my clients and doesn't for some. Need to be very careful if you adobt this strategy when you make bid changes.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: How to remove Google Search Partners at the Ad Group Level

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Casey, as Neha has said, the option to remove Search Partners is a Campaign level setting and there's no way to alter this at the Group level, however, your situation does raise questions in my mind.

I would normally expect performance on the Partners to be consistent across a particular Campaign and if it's not in your case I'm wondering if your Campaign structure is ideal.  While it's common to find a variation in performance for Partners, these variations are usually caused by the nature of the product/service being advertised so if you're seeing variations within a Campaign that might suggest your Campaign includes too broad a spread of different products/services and your Account might benefit from a re-think of the structure.

This is just supposition, of course, but I think it's worth considering.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I Would Like To Remove Google Partner Form My Google Adwords Account! What Can I Do!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pest

You can remove the search partner option from settings within each campaign.

Settings>All Setting>Network>Edit