1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to reduce average cpc

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

On certain  keywords i have been having quality score of 10/10 and average position of 1.5 but i see AVg CPC is high like 0.60. Is there any possibility or way  to bring the cost of that bid much lower?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to reduce average cpc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dreamzworld,

dreamzworld wrote:

On certain  keywords i have been having quality score of 10/10 and average position of 1.5 but i see AVg CPC is high like 0.60. Is there any possibility or way  to bring the cost of that bid much lower?

Honestly, if I look at the numbers given by you (QS of 10, Avg position of 1.5 and Avg. CPC of 0.60), they look great to me Smiley Happy

Although I don't know which business or service you are referring to here.

As per my understanding, the idea is to work on CTR and if it is exceptionally great and maintained consistently, then it gradually improves your Quality Score which in turn will impact the Ad Rank for you during the auction process.

You can also review the Ad Rank video explained by Google's Chief Economist Hal Varian below:

I would suggest you to maintain the excellent stats and hopefully, you might witness further decrease in Avg CPC in the coming time.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

You can always lower your CPC bid. That might come at a loss of position however. I´d run an AdWords Experiment to see what happens. And I´d segment to see how many impressions were in top and how many in other position.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi dreamzworld, echoing Pankaj's comments, your figures look great to me too.  How is your ROI (Return on Investment) working out?  What's the core reason for wanting to reduce the CPC?  Will it move you from a negative ROI to a positive one?

Any reduction in CPC given the figures you've shown is going to bring your position down and that will affect your CTR and possibly then your QS and possibly also your conversion rate so you'll have to be very careful.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
check your landing page speed and if its is low means try to improve your landing page speed by reducing image sizes and reduce the the website bulk contents also