2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to optimize "call only" campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I notice there are more clicks charged than the reporting in Dimension , call details.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: How to optimize "call only" campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cynthia O,

Please note that you are charged when someone clicks, which AdWords interprets as an anticipated call and you are charged, but only an actual call completed will be logged as a completed call in the details. It could be that a prospect hung up right after dialing or clicked to call by mistake and hung up when they saw their phone calling or they changed their mind midstream. I would utilize Google Analytics to learn more about the activity, too.

Take a look at this resourceful Google Help File on tips and techniques to optimize your call only campaigns. Once you do, please post back how things go and if you need further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cynthia O,

Please note that you are charged when someone clicks, which AdWords interprets as an anticipated call and you are charged, but only an actual call completed will be logged as a completed call in the details. It could be that a prospect hung up right after dialing or clicked to call by mistake and hung up when they saw their phone calling or they changed their mind midstream. I would utilize Google Analytics to learn more about the activity, too.

Take a look at this resourceful Google Help File on tips and techniques to optimize your call only campaigns. Once you do, please post back how things go and if you need further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cynthia,

It is important to know what when you set up Click-to-Call ads, you are not only charged for the call, but also other clicks on the ad. Besides what J Clemens mentioned regarding non-completed calls, the click type may be different all together.

You should take a look at your Call extention on your ad, then click "Segment" and "Click type". You find that probably most clicks will not be on the call button but on the ad's headline instead. Besides that there may also be clicks on other Sitelinks for which you are charged.

You should also look into the "Device types" and review the ratio between Desktop and Mobile clicks. Only mobile devices support click to call.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Niels