AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to measure language performance in AdWords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

One of my clients has more Language in one campaign.

How can I measure performance of each language (CTR, conversions and CPA)?

Thanks,

-Lukas

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to measure language performance in AdWords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Lukas M, 

Welcome to Adwords community, This a very nice question, I thinks there is a similar question on this community. By this link hope you can find your solution, link is here https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Reports-Segment-by-Language/td-p/67396

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello Lukas M,

As far as I can remember, this is not an option in Google Adwords nor Google Analytics.

It is generally recommended not to use more that single language per campaign.

Alex

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There must be some solution how to segment it.
- Lukas

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Lucas;

I think that Google does  not have yet enough signals to  identify the user's main language to the high degree odconfience.

You might find a native Japanese speaker who uses an only English and all signals (browser setting, language preferences, etc.) will show "English speaker" while he is a native Japanese speaker,,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Maybe in situation where these two languages are distinctive enough from each other and there's a very little chance someone who speaks one language, searches also in the second language. In that case you can just label all keywords in language number 1 and different label for keywords number 2 and then segment data by those labels and get at least some sort of information.

If a single person would search for keyword in both language no. 1 and no.2, then this is pointless and I still stick with my previous answer.