Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to make persistent Remarketing code

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have tested these solutions to avoid having your remarketing cookies beeing deleted by default by browsers like safari ( and soon firefox ) or by software like ad block.

Solution 1 with advertising.js ( search on page advertising.js to go to code )

Solution 2 simple ga.js fallback

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: How to make persistent Remarketing code

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I believe (I think I've tested as well briefly) that GTM + the DC remarketing script also works, and it eliminates the need to use the LM workaround; also, I've seen some instances, as Says also points out, where dc seemed to go past some ad blocker lists.

I don't think you can lose data once you deploy and test the script.

And as Sayf mentions on that thread where I've also commented, make sure you refer the included script correctly; or try to use the solution in the link he says he likes more than their solution.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Adrian,

That's an interesting question. I can see you've found a couple of ideas already.

Does anyone else on the Community have any direct experience of situations like these?

A.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Yep, I've tested Sayf Sharif's (LunaMetrics) script, but that script is not preventing any cookie deletion.

That (if adblock is present fallback from dc to ga) solution is there in order to make sure that the visit is tracked and the cookie is set (and thus advertisers can use dc.js instead of ga.js, and reap the benefits of Google Analytics remarketing).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

So LunaMetrics solution is the best there is so far and I can use it with the remarketing script from analytics not the one provided by the adwords interface with the CDATA text in it ?

Can it cause any lost data from analytics ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I believe (I think I've tested as well briefly) that GTM + the DC remarketing script also works, and it eliminates the need to use the LM workaround; also, I've seen some instances, as Says also points out, where dc seemed to go past some ad blocker lists.

I don't think you can lose data once you deploy and test the script.

And as Sayf mentions on that thread where I've also commented, make sure you refer the included script correctly; or try to use the solution in the link he says he likes more than their solution.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, i'll test that, thank you for taking the time to respond.