AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to make branding campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If i m having a portal which is containing lots of food videos and i need to make that portal famous and also want Geneiun user who should stay on the site minimum 2 to 3 mins and watch videos.

How do i setup campaign?

My colleague had already made a campaign in which there are more that 80 ad-groups in one campaign and lots of keywords into one campaign which i find very improper and all keywords  are completely broad into it in, because of that quality score is very less and even ads not showing for that keywords.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to make branding campaign?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Vandana S,

Looks like you have a search campaign which is primarily for direct response advertising - For instance purchasing a product, filling a form etc.

Display network would help you increase brand awareness. Here's how to get started.

Display network has numerous features and a variety of targeting methods unlike search. I'd recommend reading about it before starting a campaign to avoid irrelevant spending.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am running display campaign which is completely running fine.
I want to create search campaign to show my presence on google paid ads so i just need guidance which match type will be better for it...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Search campaign for a branding motive might not be a good fit. As you've mentioned, your objective is to get people on your website and watch videos. From my understanding, there isn't any specific outcome from this, unless you're selling something or offering a service.

If you're building a brand online, I'd suggest looking at Display and Video categories which are primarily meant for branding.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Vandana S,

I agree with @Sumanth Sridhar's insightful suggestions about how Display Network is a great fit for branding goals. I would simply like to add a different perspective about Search Network campaigns. 

Search Network campaigns as well can be used to make branding goals more emphatic and strategic. The first thing you can have is a brand specific campaign. Even if there's not much buzz about it at the moment, there will be. Have one campaign ready to address brand specific search terms. 

The second thing can be - Dynamic Search Ads. Based on how well your website is organized, you can make use of DSA campaign to bring in more targeted users to the website. You can also have a generic Search Network or SNDS campaign with more engaging set of keywords. About keywords match type,  modified broad match with proper negatives in place would be more suitable. But yes, it all will be time and efforts for effective management. 

Most importantly, if you are aware of Smart Goals, you must use it as conversion.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.