AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to leverage GDN for Search Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running multiple Search (includes Text based Content campaigns) for my product. In addition to this, I am also running all types of GDN campaigns for the same product.

Now, my question is how can I leverage my GDN campaigns for Search ones. I have recently started Search remarketing campaigns targeting visitors coming from GDN. But, are there any other ways through I can leverage them.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Mreenal

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mreenal C
September 2015

Re: How to leverage GDN for Search Campaigns

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Mreenal,

If you're using automatic placements only, you can use the same keywords to target the Search Network as well. However, this is supported only in 'Search Network with Display Select' campaign type. If all of your campaigns are 'Display Network Only' and you're using options like placements/topics/interests in addition to display keywords, remarketing is the only option in terms of leveraging display campaigns for search.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Sumanth, you are right !! Remarketing will be the only option in terms of leveraging display campaigns for your search campaigns.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mreenal,

Your question still appears vague to me, could you please share more information like advertising goals and what do you want to achieve?.so we can share our thoughts and ideas.

You said that you are having all types of GDN campaigns. Please check which campaigns are meeting your advertising goals. Check the Placement performance report, If you find any specific websites performing better then add them to a separate managed placements campaign and bid aggressively on them.

-Prashanth Reniguntala

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Mreenal,

If you're using automatic placements only, you can use the same keywords to target the Search Network as well. However, this is supported only in 'Search Network with Display Select' campaign type. If all of your campaigns are 'Display Network Only' and you're using options like placements/topics/interests in addition to display keywords, remarketing is the only option in terms of leveraging display campaigns for search.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Sumanth, you are right !! Remarketing will be the only option in terms of leveraging display campaigns for your search campaigns.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I will add: the classic Remarketing and another option that could be very successful :  RLSA (Remarketing List  for Search Ads)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’