AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to increase Relative CTR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Someone can please explain "How to increase Relative CTR".What is the need of it and how it effets in ROI.

Thanks 

sachin singh tomer 

+91-8447765268

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How to increase Relative CTR

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Sachin,

Warm Welcome to Adwords Community!

According to Google:
Relative CTR is a measure of how your ads are performing on the Display Network compared to other advertisers' ads that are appearing on the same websites.

To evaluate these numbers, HIGHER IS BETTER. Anything below 1x is “below avg” and will likely have fewer impressions that “above average” 1x adgroups.

According to me if you will raise your display bid of your adgroup then you can get better Relative CTR.

Edit:

To improve low relative CTR, examine the ads on the same sites that have higher scores. Chances are those users are doing something right. Take notes from those ads to create ads that are relevant, eye catching and provide incentive for the average person browsing the site. Do that, and you’re steps closer to achieving a high Relative CTR.

Thanks
Anchal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Sachin,

Let me share some insights,

In order to improve relative CTR:

1) Optimize Placements: Look for the low performing placements to exclude & can add good placements as managed placments assigning them individial bid. 

2) Utilize Site Exclusion & Category: You can exclude some categories which as not beneficial for you. such as parked domain, gaming site etc.

3) Since now we get keywords stats for Display Network. You can utilize contextual targeting. 

Note: The way we work on search query in order to improve relevany and CTR. Here you can work on placements in similar manner in order to improve Relative CTR.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Sachin,

Warm Welcome to Adwords Community!

According to Google:
Relative CTR is a measure of how your ads are performing on the Display Network compared to other advertisers' ads that are appearing on the same websites.

To evaluate these numbers, HIGHER IS BETTER. Anything below 1x is “below avg” and will likely have fewer impressions that “above average” 1x adgroups.

According to me if you will raise your display bid of your adgroup then you can get better Relative CTR.

Edit:

To improve low relative CTR, examine the ads on the same sites that have higher scores. Chances are those users are doing something right. Take notes from those ads to create ads that are relevant, eye catching and provide incentive for the average person browsing the site. Do that, and you’re steps closer to achieving a high Relative CTR.

Thanks
Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Sachin,

Let me share some insights,

In order to improve relative CTR:

1) Optimize Placements: Look for the low performing placements to exclude & can add good placements as managed placments assigning them individial bid. 

2) Utilize Site Exclusion & Category: You can exclude some categories which as not beneficial for you. such as parked domain, gaming site etc.

3) Since now we get keywords stats for Display Network. You can utilize contextual targeting. 

Note: The way we work on search query in order to improve relevany and CTR. Here you can work on placements in similar manner in order to improve Relative CTR.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
In addition of quality thought by Neha, i would like you to visit below link as well because there you can get full details with image and example:

http://www.ppchero.com/understanding-relative-ctr/

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Anchal & Neha for the valuable advice. thanks anchal for the ppc hero link.. I have already been there.
Thanks so much agan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You're Welcome Sachin!

Keep Posting Smiley Happy

Thanks
Neha