Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve quality score on competitors brand name keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I want to target my competitors brand name keywords in particular ad group dedicated to that brand name, but the quality score for those competitors brand name keywords is very less you can less than 2 , which is very sad for me Smiley Sad but for some keywords of the same brand in same ad group is more than 5, i don't how it can be possible for the same brand as it is not present on any of the page.

can any body here guide me to improve this adgroup to target for this brand and for your FYI i am using Exact match ad group also i have another ad group for the same brand name on broad match modifier level (BMM) level.

is it good practice or not ... and please guide me further on this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to improve quality score on competitors brand name keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rahul,

To be honest with you, as per my understanding the Quality Score of your competitors' brand name keyword might remain low. Reason being that if some user is really looking for a brand search and searches for your competitors and see your ad and click on it, the experience might not be as smooth as it could be if the same user would have clicked on the actual competitors ad copy. That's what I believe.

It is good if you are managed to get some of the competitor brand name keywords with QS of 5.

This practice is actually followed to get more conversions on your competitors' brand name searches, which is followed by most of the advertisers. I would suggest not to give it so much importance compared to your other account metrics. Keep the ones which are performing good and pause the ones that are either low QS or are doesn't worth keeping in the account.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rahul,

Grate explanation by @pankaj1782

I would like to add few more points.

First thing it is because of you might not having content related to your competitors keywords in your landing page, it causes low landing page relevancy, also you can’t add other brand terms in your ad also it is also one of the reasons for low Q.S

Keyword planner will help you here, search for your competitors keywords and sort by your impression share for particular keyword. If you have a high impression share for set of keywords try to add those keywords in your list.

Add generic keywords with your competitors branding keywords instead of exact brand keywords it will improve relevancy as well as Q.S also Example: your competitor keyword is ‘XYZ’ add keywords related to XYZ products or XYZ sale or XYZ service. These types of keywords will have more Q.S compared to Exact Brand Keywords.

Last But most importance one don't depend upon your competitors keywords, If your competitor keyword are trademark keywords you may not eligible to bid for those keywords.

I hope this will helpful to you.

Thanks,

Aravindhu.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@arvindhu i am also doing the same thing but the thing is that Q.s for XYZ products or XYZ sale or XYZ service is also very low below 2.. this is my concern how could i improve on it.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Rahul S

I hope this will help to you

Use Segment option to find out which match type is getting more clicks and CTR. Add those types and pause non performing match types it will improve your history.

Analyze your Search Query report add as much as keywords from Search Query report will improve your keyword list which are having more Q.S

Try to increase Bids slightly for performing keywords.

If your CTR also very low for keywords try to add more ad variations.

In keyword planner use “Compared to market leader domains” option to know your competitors for particular keywords (see screen shot) analyze their ads and there impression share try to modify your ads according to competitors.

compete.jpg

Use your competitor domain kws like www.xyz.com or xyz.com or xyz it might have less competition and this is not a best practice you may get trademark disapproval.

Thanks,

Aravindhu