Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve quality score for high search volume keyword

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have a keyword in my campaign with exact match and this keyword having 12% CTR (avg Pos is 1.6) but my keyword having 6 QS only. Rest of all keywords in my campaign having 10/10 QS.

My ad copy and my landing page is more relevent to the keyword but still QS is 6 only. but dont know why my QS is showing average.

Thanks,

Satya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to improve quality score for high search volume keyword

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

HI satya,

you say all other keywords has 10/10 QS and you ads, landing pages are very relevant. In that case that particular keyword may not be very relevant to other keywords in that groups. You can try by putting that keyword in separate adgroup. It may help but not very sure..

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi satyasem and welcome to the forum.  Anil's suggestion is a good one.  One element of Quality Score is relevance to other elements of an Ad Group so it's always important to make sure your Groups are tightly themed.

One other thing to consider though is that 6/10 may not actually be a bad score.  What do you see when you hover the mouse over the small speech bubble next to the keyword?  Are any of "Expected CTR", "Ad relevance" or "Landing page experience" showing anything less than "Average"?

Not all keywords have the potential to be 10/10.  QS also factors in the performance of other advertisers so in this case 6/10 could be a reasonable score - especially with a CTR of 12%, which is very good.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Anil,

Thanks for quick trunaround. I already done this trick but it wont work for me. And one more thing and this keyword is our core product and our landing page will talk about this keyword only.

Thanks,

Satya

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Jon,

My campaigns ad groups tightly themed. as you said all of these Expected CTR", "Ad relevance" or "Landing page experience" showing "Average"

Yes I can agree with you Not all keywords have the potential to be 10/10. But this is my core keyword (related to product) and I am ending with high CPC compare with other keyword (CPC will depend on the competition but the same high search volume I am getting less CPC because the keyword having 10/10QS. if i improve my QS 10/10 for this keyword, my ROI will boostup.

Thanks,
Satya

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

satyasem wrote:
Hello Jon,

My campaigns ad groups tightly themed. as you said all of these Expected CTR", "Ad relevance" or "Landing page experience" showing "Average"

Yes I can agree with you Not all keywords have the potential to be 10/10. But this is my core keyword (related to product) and I am ending with high CPC compare with other keyword (CPC will depend on the competition but the same high search volume I am getting less CPC because the keyword having 10/10QS. if i improve my QS 10/10 for this keyword, my ROI will boostup.

Thanks,
Satya

Hi satya,

I have seen that if you maitain good ctr then over the time then there should be a chance to get its ctr also high.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

There are many quality scores which have an effect on the whole of your account. You should focus on improving your account as whole as opposed to a keyword by keyword basis. Quality scores include:

• Your keyword's past clickthrough rate (CTR): How often that keyword led to clicks on your ad
  • Your display URL's past CTR: How often you received clicks with your display URL
  • Your account history: The overall CTR of all the ads and keywords in your account
  • The quality of your landing page: How relevant, transparent, and easy-to-navigate your page is
  • Your keyword/ad relevance: How relevant your keyword is to your ads
  • Your keyword/search relevance: How relevant your keyword is to what a customer searches for
  • Geographic performance: How successful your account has been in the regions you're targeting
  • Your ad's performance on a site: How well your ad's been doing on this and similar sites (if you're targeting the Display Network)
  • Your targeted devices: How well your ads have been performing on different types of devices, like desktops/laptops, mobile devices, and tablets – you get different Quality Scores for different types of devices

I got this list from this page on quality score, however I wouldn't be surprised if there were many, many more factors.

Remember, improve the performance of your whole account and everything else will fall into place.

Ryan.