AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve long tail keywords quality score?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

After running search querry report I got some important long tail keywords and i added on my campaign but the quality score of these long tail keywords are too low and the keyword status coloumn shows "Rarely shown due to low quality score". So how can i increase the quality score of these long tail keywords?

Anyone Help!!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How to improve long tail keywords quality score?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rick85,

Quality Score is a highly discussed and debated topic here on the community.  If you run a search at the top of the Community main page, you will find numerous posts about QS. 

For quick reference, I would suggest you take a look at these two threads:

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce

Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce

As far as making improvements, that is always a good idea but take a look at what triggered you to add these keywords.  If they are still performing in the same manner, you may not need to do much.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi rick85,

There is a slightest possibility that the long tail keywords which you have included are not as relevant as they should be for the users searching on Google. Hence due to low confidence on them, Adwords would have assigned a low quality score to these keywords.

I would suggest you to wait for sometime and see how these keywords accumulates data, what is the CTR and what kind of search terms have been attached to them. Based on it, you can review the stats later and decide whether to keep them or launch their variations. Please note that QS is dynamic in nature and if Adwords find them more relevant in the coming time, you can definitely see an uplift. Refer to this for more details.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yeah You are right PPC Bossman i really found lots of discussion about QS in adword community i also read lots of post about quality score improvement. These two Threads really something different but useful.Smiley Happy

Thanks for the suggestion..

Regards,

-Rick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Pankaj for the suggestion.Smiley Happy