AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve cost/conversion in adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I handle a large ecommerce campaign in which I run 8 to 9 succesful campaign & the conversions are pretty good but lately my cost/conversion started rising high above the target given to me by the client. My initial target is to achieve cost/conversion something under Rs. 1000 but it always go beyond Rs. 1500 & I don't understand to how bring it down under 1000. Sometimes I pause few campaign to see whether the cost is coming down or not but nothing good.

Would appreciate if anyone knows or tried any tactic to improve their cost/conversion & write the same.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to improve cost/conversion in adwords?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi hyderali,

I have a few ideas you could try.

If you are getting a lot of conversions have you tried running either enhanced CPC bidding or enabling conversion optimizer?

Enhanced CPC bidding will automatically increase your bids by up to 30% when Google thinks there is a higher chance of a conversion occuring.

Conversion optimizer lets you set a target or max CPA and tries to meet these figures. I have found it take up to 3 weeks before you can really decide if this option works for you. Once enabled Google seems to gather more data about the conversions and uses this to place you ads higher or lower depending on your chance of getting a conversion.

Other than this, you could try lowering your ads to see if you can meet the target CPA's or write more specific ad copy to try and put off the tyre kickers and increasing the user quality

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi hyderali,

I have a few ideas you could try.

If you are getting a lot of conversions have you tried running either enhanced CPC bidding or enabling conversion optimizer?

Enhanced CPC bidding will automatically increase your bids by up to 30% when Google thinks there is a higher chance of a conversion occuring.

Conversion optimizer lets you set a target or max CPA and tries to meet these figures. I have found it take up to 3 weeks before you can really decide if this option works for you. Once enabled Google seems to gather more data about the conversions and uses this to place you ads higher or lower depending on your chance of getting a conversion.

Other than this, you could try lowering your ads to see if you can meet the target CPA's or write more specific ad copy to try and put off the tyre kickers and increasing the user quality

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Honestly, commiting any defined Cost per acquisition to the client is pretty much like putting yourself into trouble. That's because this commitment may or may not be accomplished. And once things are not inline, your client will start firing big questions and might become difficult to understand him. But yes there should be a maximum limit in your mind, so that if you don't achieve it, you can brainstorm and look for other opportunities. That's purely my understanding and might differ from other advertisers.

In order to reduce your CPA, you might want to try using Conversion Optimizer if your campaign meets the mimimum eligible criteria. I would suggest you to read this article for more insights.

Another idea I could think of is that you can separate the low or non-converting ad groups from the excellent performing ones in a separate campaign and try to focus on reducing the cost for them separately. Doing this will not hit the highly converting ad groups and you can fine tune the underperforming ones differently.

You can also take out the geographical report and analyze which regions are performing best and which ones are underformers. You might consider separating them out in a different campaign based on this strategy too.

EDIT: @ Adam, you are fast Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the awesome reply both of you. I'll definitely use conversion optimizer the lower down my cost/conversion.

@hyderali wrote:

I handle a large ecommerce campaign in which I run 8 to 9 succesful campaign & the conversions are pretty good but lately my cost/conversion started rising high above the target given to me by the client. My initial target is to achieve cost/conversion something under Rs. 1000 but it always go beyond Rs. 1500 & I don't understand to how bring it down under 1000. Sometimes I pause few campaign to see whether the cost is coming down or not but nothing good.

Would appreciate if anyone knows or tried any tactic to improve their cost/conversion & write the same.

Thanks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
here is a great tutorial on bidding and conversion optimization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRx7AMb6rZ0

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello sir how r u.I am want some guidesnse from to you. My email id xxx@gmail.com so can u give knowlede about this ...
thanks

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

You can use enhanced CPC and please check the current Trend of your E commerce business. Because it would cause Higher clicks and low conversion, so your cost per conversion would be increased if there is any changes in business model in offline.

and also you need to check the search of users so if there is any thing new.

Regards,
Manoj kumar

Google Partner - Ad-words India.