AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve cost/conversion in adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I own my Travel agent in Tibet Lhasa. I would like to ads my travel agent and my travel official website. So, my question is Please, tell us more about search engine ranking and website in google ...

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to improve cost/conversion in adwords?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Sonam,

Welcome to the Community!

Cost/conversion is a ratio of total cost to the total number of conversions. To get this ratio down, you'll have to work on increasing the number of conversions. There are a number of factors to be considered before deciding on an approach.

I'd suggest starting from basics, as foundation really matters. As a new advertiser, I'd start here. Feel free to write back, with specific questions if possible; so that one of us can help you in the best possible way.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
.... and don't be blinded by the notion that the best way to get the cost per conversion down is the hammer down the cost per click - sometimes the exact opposite is true, and paying more for click can drive a better quality of traffic to your site that converts better.

Test, test and then test.....

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sonam,

Apart from the great advice you already have here, I would just like to say that you should start advertising through AdWords with a small location. Test the feasibility of your campaigns and the reach and then take a decision as to what will be a more fruitful path for you moving ahead. Whether you should expand your targeting on AdWords or should you start targeting specific locations within your geography and allocate budget to each location and test their individual feasibility.

If you were to expand your targeting to other locations, I would definitely suggest allocating small budgets to each one of them. Along with this, you also need to have a sound keyword structure with relevant ad copies and landing pages. For example, since you run a travel based website, you can target keyword themes like 'Destination 1 to Destination 2' or 'airfare to Destination', etc.

For each of these destination based themes (targeted in one adgroup ofcourse), you need to create specific ad messaging which consists of the destination name(s) along with the exact price or atleast the price range & show the same information and elaborate on the same on your landing page to make it relevant.

If done correctly, this is something called as a 'good user experience' where the user was convinced of your ad messaging then found relevant content on your LP and then maybe went on to convert for you.

Building relevance can help you better your QS and in turn the overall CPC's recorded for your themes. Lower CPC's can help you record leads at lower CPA's.

Please do keep in mind that this does not occur over night and is a time consuming task which can take upto weeks but when achieved can certainly help you keep everything in check and record leads at healthy CPA's.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"