AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve conversion rate on display network (CPC base) ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello 2 all

I am running adword campaign on display network (CPC base ), but convertion rate is not good, can any one help me to find it? How to improve convertion rate. :-(

Thanks & Regards

Shyam Sunder Sharma

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to improve conversion rate on display network (CPC base) ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Shyam,

It's a very generic question as per my understanding.

Can you share some more insights about your campaign structure like

Whether you have a combined Search and Display campaign?

Are you running text ads only or do you have image ads as well?

Are you using keywords or placements or both to target GDN or how?

Are you talking specifically about Remarketing campaign here or in general etc....?

I can share a generic help center reference on how to optimize on GDN here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for reply

Whether you have a combined Search and Display campaign?--- Display campaign
Are you running text ads only or do you have image ads as well?---Image Ads
Are you using keywords or placements or both to target GDN or how?---keywords
Are you talking specifically about Remarketing campaign here or in general etc....?---General

Also i have mentioned Display campaign on Display network on keywords -- CPC based

:-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

In terms of image ads, you have to look at various aspects like for example the domains where your display ads are showing, whether the color of your image ads is in sync with the design and structure of that website. 

Also, note that generally, image ads are expensive as compared to regular text ads because they occupy more space and during the ad auction, they require high bidding for a win-win situation.

You should review the placements also whether they are relevant or not and if not , then you should exclude them as well. The keywords which are not working, you should try and pause them and launch another variation of those keywords, to improve your account which will further assist in getting more conversions for you.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Generally, I always include keywords for contextual targeting . If I find a keyword which converts better (since the system recognizes it as a "leading" KW within the "theme" of keywords) - I bid higher on this KW,
And then, once I set contextual targeting (using keywords) I add another targeting method (usually topics or placements).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Shyam,

In addition to valuable advice by Top Contributor "Pankaj" & "Moshe", I will suggest you can also create separate manage placements campaign adding all converted placements giving them good bids. Once these new placements starts running you can exclude these in automatic campaign.

Also test text ads as well for your display campaign. sometimes Text ads perform really good. Just keep in mind create separate adgroup for text ads, do not mix it up with Image adgroup.

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’