AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve CTR and ROI of the given Data?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

There is different account which I have got recently for an Indian Real Estate industry. Client is a broker who deals recently lunched projects in India by renowned builders. Targeting location of account is India. How can I improve this account in respect of CTR and Conversion ? Adwords Community members suggest me their valuable experience and insight how can i improve over all performance at given data as below?

Impr. - 2,298,743

Clicks -  13,035

CTR - 0.57%

Avg.Pos - 1.7

Avg. CPC  - Rs.37.19

Conversions - 45

Conv. rate - 0.95%

I hope it is enough data for answer which I want

Thanks...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clal Lodh
December 2016

Re: How to improve CTR and ROI of the given Data?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Clal Lodh,

Without seeing the account, it's hard to make concrete suggestions, so here are some general suggestions that may help:

Improving CTR:

• Add negatives to decrease clicks from people that are searching for irrelevant things
  • Consider testing dynamic insertion in ads (only do this if your ad groups are tightly themed, otherwise you risk inserting something that isn't relevant to the search query). If your ad groups aren't tightly themed, consider restructuring so that your ad groups have less keywords so that your ad is relevant to *every* keyword in the ad group.
  • Test ads to continually improve the CTR
  • Add as many extensions as are applicable to the business (sitelinks, call out extensions, review extensions, call extensions, and location extensions)

Improving ROI

• Determine the value of a lead (assuming this is lead-gen) and determine what your CPA needs to be in order to be profitable. Manage bids to meet the CPA requirements.
  • Pause keywords/ad groups that are spending money without generating conversions
  • Add bid modifiers for location, time, and device to help meet the CPA requirements without negating conversions if possible.
  • Exclude cities and times of day that are spending money without generating revenue.
  • Build conversion volume by reviewing keywords and search queries that are generating conversions and brainstorming similar keywords to add to the account.
  • Perform landing page tests to improve conversion rate, which should help boost conversion volume at a more efficient cost.

This should at least be a start. Hope it helps! Smiley Happy

Amy

AmyBishopMarketing.com

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clal Lodh
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Clal Lodh,

Without seeing the account, it's hard to make concrete suggestions, so here are some general suggestions that may help:

Improving CTR:

• Add negatives to decrease clicks from people that are searching for irrelevant things
  • Consider testing dynamic insertion in ads (only do this if your ad groups are tightly themed, otherwise you risk inserting something that isn't relevant to the search query). If your ad groups aren't tightly themed, consider restructuring so that your ad groups have less keywords so that your ad is relevant to *every* keyword in the ad group.
  • Test ads to continually improve the CTR
  • Add as many extensions as are applicable to the business (sitelinks, call out extensions, review extensions, call extensions, and location extensions)

Improving ROI

• Determine the value of a lead (assuming this is lead-gen) and determine what your CPA needs to be in order to be profitable. Manage bids to meet the CPA requirements.
  • Pause keywords/ad groups that are spending money without generating conversions
  • Add bid modifiers for location, time, and device to help meet the CPA requirements without negating conversions if possible.
  • Exclude cities and times of day that are spending money without generating revenue.
  • Build conversion volume by reviewing keywords and search queries that are generating conversions and brainstorming similar keywords to add to the account.
  • Perform landing page tests to improve conversion rate, which should help boost conversion volume at a more efficient cost.

This should at least be a start. Hope it helps! Smiley Happy

Amy

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Amy Bishop,

You are exactly right that it is hard to make suggestion without seeing account.. But poor performance of account lead money burning nothing else.

Which you have suggested that is conceptual information that can help any account. But I have used it as well but conversion is still poor. There is more problem in landing page as well.
Brand consideration is also a factor for clicks and conversion..

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clal,

Would you be willing to share your landing page for suggestions? Do you mind telling us how long your campaigns have been running? I'm just curious if tenure might be a factor, since campaigns tend to perform better over time (with continuous optimizations). If the campaigns have been running for a long time and the optimizations aren't helping, it might have to do with the structure or the the keywords - both in terms of match type and intent.

Brand consideration certainly is a factor and many other components come into play as well - price/features/etc. Have you performed a SWOT analysis lately? It might be worth taking a look at to see if there is something that is holding the brand back. Brand awareness can be a big proponent in sales but lack of awareness isn't an end-all be-all, either, as long as the brand is competitive. That said, the importance of a brand is more important in some industries than others. Real Estate is an industry where trust is important and therefore brand is quite valuable.

Could you share what your conversion point is? Is it a contact form or a download or something else? I'm curious as to what level of commitment is involved.

Best,
Amy

AmyBishopMarketing.com

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to make one helping point :

When you have 

Clicks -  13,035

Conversions - 45

The conversion rate is 0.345 % not 0.95 %

I have experienced that most of the times, such a low conversion rate comes from 2 problems outside the control of AdWords :

1) Pages loading too slow, leading to very high bounce rates. This means your visitors aren't even seeing the content.

For this you should test the landing pages with gtmetrix.com or similar speed test tools and if you obtain a loading speed above 3 seconds, improve the website.

Also google analytics has a speed test report.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2383341?hl=en

2) Mobile traffic converting in a very small percentage , also because of the website navigation structure not being ready for mobile traffic.

Segment results by device and if mobile traffic does not convert, stop AdWords mobile traffic until you improve the website.

These days mobile traffic accounts for more than 50% of a website traffic and the time you have to convince a mobile visitor is significantly less than on desktops. On mobiles you deal with around 5 seconds attention span to generate a reaction from the mobile visitor.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You are right conversion rate is 0.345. Thanks for correct me.

Page load time according to Gtmetrix.com is 3 Sec. You are exactly right mobile conversion is very small percentage. The website is responsive..

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Clal, I can add few points:

CTR is very low. Probably you are using display network or search keywords in broad match. If you are not getting leads from Display, I would suggest to turn it off leaving only remarketing.

If you are using broad keywords, switch to +broad +modifier, also if you have more general keywords which are just wasting your money, consider adding more specific geo or other types of keywords based on your past search report (you must already know which keywords are converting and which are not).

If you have enough conversion data in one of your campaigns, you can test conversion optimizer so system will not bid aggressively on keywords which are not converting.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Alexey C,

Ya, This is very poor CTR, Campaign type of this account using Search network with all feature.

Exact and Phrase match keywords are using in the account. Keywords are specific according to landing page.

Recently there is not enough conversion data.