AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve Ad relevance when QS is already 9/10?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have keyword in with 9/10 QS, Expected clickthrough rate: Above average, Landing page experience: Above average, but Ad relevance: Average. 

I have few keywords like this in other ad groups, which are almost perfectly optimize, but Ad relevance is Average. 

Never achieved Above average status for Ad relevance during my first 2 months in Adwords. Seems like I'm missing a trick or two. 

Some more info:

Landing page title, Landing page URL, H3 header contains the keyword. Also contain reviews, contact details, privacy policy, Terms & conditions and many things required for almost perfect landing page.

Ad copies have Keyword in title, keyword in description once, and part of the keyword in display URL, relevant CTA & call extension. Also have 2 variations of same Adcopy only 2nd line of description & CTA are different.

Keyword have a CTR of 4% & Avg. position 1.2. How can I improve Ad relevance to Above average? This is a concern in most of my good performing & high QS Ads.

I researched how other competitors are writing Ad copies. Any of them are not offering a service directly like us, they are using Adwords to get users in to their search result pages (Ex: Webcrawler & other search engines & directories).

Please kindly share your thoughts

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to improve Ad relevance when QS is already 9/10?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think it's not a big concern as long as you are getting relevant traffic and leads/sales in your account. QS of 9 is excellent if you have been able to maintain it in the first 2 months of account optimization.

What I would recommend you would be to keep the momentum as it is going and improve on important metrics like Search CTR, relevant traffic. Your CTR should be excellent so that you maintain a healthy QS.

In general if the ad relevance is average, it's not a very serious issue, rather it's fine. Make sure it is not below average. In that case, you might have to work on your keywords with more effort and optimize them.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks @Pankaj I was bit concerned about why I can't achieve Above average ad relevance.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sandaruwan S,

Relevancy, for Google, means to the user. It' s not based on the keyword being present in the ad or on the landing page. Relevancy for the ad is a combined score of the keyword/ad combination CTR. To raise the QS on these keywords, you'll actually need a higher CTR for the ad/keyword combination.

If you're not testing multiple ad copies in you ad groups, you should be. The objective is to increase the CTR for the ad. Set the campaign to rotate evenly for at least 90 days. Run at least 2 ads at the same time. After you get significant impressions and clicks, pick a winner. Keep that one and introduce another test. Make small changes in the ad copy so you can measure how each change affects the performance.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks @petebardo very useful