AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to implement dynamic remarketing tag using tag manager?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to implement dynamic remarketing tag using tag manager kindly provide me the step by step processs

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to implement dynamic remarketing tag using tag manager?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

There's already a good official doc explaining how to implement the dynamic remarketing tag with Google Tag manager:

https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/3002580?hl=en

Let us know if that's not enough to help you.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Deepak,
Here's the official setup instructions here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en

You'll have to modify them to fit with GTM yourself for now. If you don't know what you're doing in GTM, I'd advise against using it for Dynamic Remarketing.

If you're happy to wait, I'm in the middle of writing a tutorial on how to do this with GTM. It's pretty tricky and there's a bunch of caveats so it will take some time.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

There's already a good official doc explaining how to implement the dynamic remarketing tag with Google Tag manager:

Let us know if that's not enough to help you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Excellent stuff Maxime. That must be relatively new. Thanks for rooting it out! Much appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Maxime,

I am facing right now the same trouble and I am looking for a solution where I can use the google tag manager for dynamic remarketing:

This is my problem:

I go to Google Adwords -> Shared Library - > Target Groups -> Remarketing Tag , I get the following error message :

" There were not detected any custom parameters for retail (Google Analytics ) . "

I use for all the other tags ( GAdWords_Conversion tracking, Adwords_Re Marketing , Universal Analytics code ) , Google Tag Manager.
I would like to use the gtm for the Dynamic Remarketing, i.e. install one tag with the required custom parameters for retailers that I can use for all products and pages.

We haave abt 90 items .

<script type = "text / javascript">
google_tag_params var = {
ecomm_prodid : " REPLACE_WITH_STRING_VALUE "
ecomm_pagetype : " REPLACE_WITH_STRING_VALUE "
ecomm_totalvalue : REPLACE_WITH_NUMBER_VALUE
};
< / script >

How do I build the dynamic remarketing code correctly in Google Tag Manager?

Google says that I should install on any website , but there is also the possibility to do it with one tag (possibly a lil modification of the Adwords_Re marketing tags would do) in Google to accomplish tag manager.

But how does it work?

What are the correct parameters ?

How do I get the correct parameters to a new tag or in the existing re-marketing tag?

Can you help me out here?

I would be very happy to get helpful answers or solutions.

Please do let me know if you need more information or have furthe questions.

KR,
SanJ

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hi Sanj,

GTM has extensive documentation explaining how to implement the dynamic remarketing tag:

You can use an existing remarketing tag if you want.

- Maxime

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.