AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to get the list of keywords searched?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an account where I have a low CTR compared to its average position (1.6% with a position of 2.0).

I'm interrested to know what might be the searches made by users to figure out if there may be some request that are completly out of topics and add them as negative keywords.

The problem is that Google provides that there was 3 clicks with x thousands impressions and I can't get the detail (on Keyword detail)
Do you know if there is a way to get the detail of these impression?

Cheers

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get the list of keywords searched?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Alexandre B,

figure out your search term report. You would be able to understand how your ads performed when triggered by actual searches within the Search Network. And You'll see search terms on which triggered impressions and clicks.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Hope this will help you..

Thanks

Clal Lodh

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks lodh for your answer.
I know this report, and the thing is that I'm trying to have more insights on the last line "Other search terms' as this is were I have most of my impressions :-/
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexandre B
October 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Then you can not figure out in which other search term your ad had only trigger to share impression .. Adwords reporting can not provide such type reporting. In Search term report , you can see the actual searches people entered on Google Search and other Search Network sites that triggered your ad and led to a click. Without click you can not find out that search term which is only share impression.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Alexandre B

As per Google Adwords guide “you’ll only see search terms that were used by people at least 24 hours ago and have either received clicks in the past 30 days or were searched for by a significant number of people. Any search terms that did not meet this criteria will be summed up in the 'Other search terms' row."

This means other search terms are basically search terms which are received impressions but zero clicks, as per my knowledge we can’t see other search terms but we can reduce the impact.

I know this is the basic step but it will very effective, Account structure clean and themed account structure will give you an idea to create perfect negative keywords list, create ad group level negative keywords list to reduce irrelevant impressions.

Try to be in Top position; if you observe search term reports for a keyword with avg. Position 5 you might see more ‘other search terms’ compared to avg. position2 keyword. Improve your Q.S and increase bids little bid for these low avg. position keywords will improve CTR as well as clicks.

Create separate ad group for broad match keywords.

Check your ads with Search queries not with the keywords, if your ad is most relevant to search query you have more chances to be in top position.

The above is very little, other search terms will give you an idea how your account health is. Optimize or review your search queries 30days once to get more negative keywords and other insights to reduce the impact of other search terms.

Hope I answer your query.

Thanks,

Aravindhu.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Alexandre B;

Other search terms under  certain circumstances might reveal privacy information, hence google does not disclose them.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your message.
Unfortunately the campaign is already structured as you mentioned, with high targeting bid, and with dedicated ad group for Exact and phrase keywords.
My concern was about broad keywords, as Google doesn't provide me a lot of search performed and I don't know what Internet users are typing... :-(

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe.
I'm not sure it can be that. I can't understand how privacy may be concern as there is no click, only impression, hence I have no information about the users (not even a chance to drop a little analytics cookie...)
Thanks anyway

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!
I don't like the answer but I guess that it's the only one : there is no way.... :-(
Thanks a lot!