AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to get rid of Phone number showing next to my ad?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am getting to see phone number next to the head line on my ad when I upgraded to enchanced Campaign.How do I get rid of the phone number. I dont wish to display phone number to desktop viewers.

Did any one tested their keywords once you have updraded to enchanced Campaign?

Sorry I have used Google's ad to show my issue. My ads shows the phone number next to the head text as shown in the image below. Its not a Google generated number. Previously this ad use to show call button for mobile devices but now it started to show the number that  I have used in call adextension.

the-debt-in-football-infographic.jpg

y2k_chapin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to get rid of Phone number showing next to my ad?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

You should disable or delete phone number from call extensions

• Login to adwords
  • click on campaings 
  • Extensions 
  • Call extension

There you can delte the phone number.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI y2k_chapin

Welocme to the AdWords community :-)

I have found an article that advises how you can edit your campaign or ad group level extensions for enhanced campaigns, i hope it is useful to you-

Upgraded ad extensions in enhanced campaigns

Please let us know how you get on?

Kind regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

@Theniks - Thanks for your reply. If I delete the call ad extension then my mobile visitors wouldnt see the call me button in the ad. 

@Hel_ipe - thanks for your reply and welcoming me in this group. As per Google support it is not possible to stop showing phone number in the ads to different devices. In legacy campaign it is possible but not in enhanched campaign.I have turned of the upgrade option in call ad extension and checked the ad after 1 hour still its not doing anything.

Hope Google will give an option for the same when enhanched campaign becomes permanent from June .

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en#upgraded

Under "How to add upgraded call ad extension" point no 8 says

" With upgraded extensions, your own phone number can appear on all devices, whereas with legacy extensions, it can appear only on mobile devices.

"

y2k_chapin

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi y2k_chapin, thanks for looking into this, it's another useful snippet of information about the Enhanced Campaigns.

Although it's disappointing to lose control, is there any particular reason why you don't want to show your number to desktop users?  I'm not criticising, just interested.  I know that phone numbers are going to be disapproved within Ads under Enhanced Campaigns so perhaps this is part of the reasoning, though as you say, I can't see why you're not given a choice...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Jon

Thanks for your post.

I have very little knowledge (Now thats just being bragging actually no knowledge ) about enhanced campaigns.

I am sorry for the post i should have realized looking at the screenshot that this is enhanced campaign.

Guess will have to invest this weekend reading about this stuff Man Frustrated

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jon,

Please correct me if I am wrong. I belive that percentage of clicks will be reduced gradually when a visitor get to see the phone number. Plus chances to see other products if the product to which the visitor visited the site is out of stock. A website can provide lot of call to actions and helps in remarketing if clicks registered are not converted

regards

Y2k_chapin

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Theniks,

Google arranging a webinar tomorrow for the enchaned campaign .hope this helps

http://vshow.on24.com/vshow/learnwebinars#exhibits/ec

y2k_chapin

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@y2k_chapin, yes, some good points there.  I could argue over them but I won't because all of them will be valid to one extent or another to different Accounts.

I would perhaps question whether the mobile market is worth advertising for you at all in this situation.  If a visit to the website is so valuable then I'd be targeting only smartphones that can see the web (designed for those phones) or run an App anyway. Are WAP/non-smart phones really worth that much to you?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jon,

Mobile market is growing and I believe everyone advertise in both the market. And it was easy infact mobile market was not  concentrated when the legacy campaign was in place. Now I think each advertiser should analyst to see if they need to get into mobile market . Now I guess   two campaigns need to be creaed  one with  and another without call ad extension.

a long headline in ad with phone number at the end , is this benefiting Google(for clicks) or advertiser (for visits) or visitors (to call from desktop. still they have to pick up a phone)

Y2k_chapin