AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to get "Other Search Terms" from "Search Terms" tab ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I know how to get the list of keywords clicked when we go to Keyword Tab and "Search Terms".

When I go to "Search Terms" , We see list of keywords which got some clicks and in the last row "Other Search terms" (Which didd't get clicks)

But I am more interested in knowing the list of Keywords, Which didn't get the clicks, Which affects the CTR and Q.S.

It is a last row in the page, Which says "Other Search terms", I am interested in knowing this list. 

My Objective: I want to find out the list of keywords which didn't have good clicks, and add them in negative keyword list, so that my CTR and Q.S improves.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: How to get "Other Search Terms" from "Search Terms&

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

"Other search terms" is  information Google does not  report / disclose, mainly because this could reveal personal or sensitive info.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In "Search terms report" Google displays "only search terms that were used by people at least 24 hours ago and have either received clicks in the past 30 days or were searched for by a significant number of people. Any search terms that did not meet this criteria will be summed up in the 'Other search terms' row."
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

So there is no way to get info about search terms which are included under "Other search terms".
But you can use more restrictive match types for your keywords and try to get better quality score.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
This is totally unethical/bad from Google Adwords.

How can we improve the quality score and CTR, when we don't know the list of keywords for which we have not got any clicks ?

==> "could reveal personal or sensitive info."
I am doing Adword for last 6 years and have guided many adword campaign for various companies and How could this lead to personal or sensitive information ? This is a big joke from Google.

May be, Google want to keep this information secret so that, We all compete each other to bid higher amount to increase the Q.S
This way Google can earn more money.

I think, Google want to keep this other search terms confidential to earn more money.

How to get "Other Search Terms" from "Search Terms" tab ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have just received a click on"other search terms" on my google ads as i'm a emergency locksmith i set by bids high to get prime location on listings, this has just wiped out my budget for this campaign?