AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to get local & global search volume for a keyword in Planner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can i get the local & global search volume for a keyword in Planner like i used to get in keyword tool?

Like for example for optimizing the home page of this online shopping store against the keyword Online shopping store how can i know the local search volume in Pakistan as well as Global search Volume as it was available in Adwords Keyword Tool 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamshed C
September 2015

Re: How to get local & global search volume for a keyword in Plann

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

In order to look for the local search volume of Pakistan, select Pakistan in your target location. I have attached herewith a snapshot for you to better understand it.

And if you want to look for global search volume of any keyword, select all location in the targeting option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But the search volume received in keyword planner is too low than it was in keyword tool?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Try looking at Google Trends. I live in a rural area and our search volume is too low for Adwords, but Google Trends gives me data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You may be right But some times the trend shows no increase, or declining trend for any keyword, where as, in that case we should choose only keywords with increasing trends.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jamshed,

I agree with Sayeem but one important point here. What you said was absolutely right, you will see the search volume for the keyword in the Keyword planner to be low than the Keyword Tool,

It is Because the Keyword planner shows default results for Exact Match and keyword Tool showed the default results for the Broad Match.

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala