Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to get conversion on very targeted keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I am running for very targeted business, example: magento product. I am using Search with Display Select feature and there are quite number impressions however I just get a few clicks. 

(1-5max) clicks and no conversion. How can I improve on the campaign at least get a conversion per day? 

Thank you for the advice. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jaclyn,

It sounds like you need to increase the number of clicks you're getting, so that, assuming you have a decent conversion rate, you'll start getting conversions.

To get more clicks you can either increase your CTR, target additional relevant keywords, or both.

To increase your CTR, try to craft more compelling ads that are as relevant as possible to the keywords you're targeting. See Google's tips for writing successful text ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

To find additional relevant keywords to target you can use Keyword Planner: https://adwords.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/

Best,

John

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Please understand conversions will only start pouring in, when you have the targeted audiences and reaching them at the right amount of time. I believe that asking for 1 conversion out of 5 clicks is 20% conversion rate, which is practically pretty high.

You should follow the best practices to first expand the reach by doing more detailed keywords research and then aligning those keywords with the right landing page. Also note that it is ultimately your landing page which is going to do the magic of converting users into customers. So make sure you have a great landing page to support.

Try out dedicated search and display campaigns and capture the niche audiences. Also monitor the search terms on regular basis and see if the traffic you are getting is relevant or not.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, 

Thanks for the reply. Previously I've tried many relevant keywords and I get many impressions and clicks but no conversion. That is not people would like to search for (niche product). After all, i put very related keywords with the right landing page since there is niche audiences but still getting very decent amount of clicks. 

In this case, should i create a display network only to expand my target audience? As right now i also using Search with Display Select but the feedback is poor. 

Thank you. 

Regards

Jaclyn C

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John, 

Thanks for the reply. I get very compelling ads and very relevant keywords and align with right landing page. I also using tool and keyword planner to search for the related keywords however is a niche product. That's why quite hard to get conversion. 

Regards

Jaclyn C

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

There's several factors at play here - The conversion event, click volume, ad content and landing page... First of all, what kind of conversions are you tracking? Leads, sales, engagement? Have you ever gotten any conversions all time? Do you have analytics tracking in place, with the same goals setup as you are using as AdWords conversions?

Tom