AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to find that whether i'm competiting with my own keywords ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have a doubt that i'm competing with my own keywords. This is because daily my keywords bid is raising like anything else. If i raise my bid then the next day when i see the keywords again the keywords is showing below first page bid. So, i want to know whether it is my fault or competitors are increasing their bids day by day. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John Paul Sing
September 2015

Re: How to find that whether i'm competiting with my own keywords ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi John,

First if you a duplicate keywords in adgroups then please avoid that practice. Identical keywords compete against each other, and the better-performing keyword triggers your ad. So may be this cause high compete of keywords in same campaign.

Please ask in brief to get best solution.
Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John Paul Sing
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi John,

First if you a duplicate keywords in adgroups then please avoid that practice. Identical keywords compete against each other, and the better-performing keyword triggers your ad. So may be this cause high compete of keywords in same campaign.

Please ask in brief to get best solution.
Hope this helps!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you kandarp. Actually, the Adwords account which i was dealing now is already set up with many campaigns and adgroups. so, the thing is how can i check all the keywords and Adgroups to know the duplicate keywords ?
I have read in the community post that we can find the duplicate keywords with the adwords editor tool. My question is
Is there any method to find the duplicate keywords directly?
Some keywords are set as a singular and plural so, are they come under duplicate keywords and compete each other if they are in broad match type. ?
And, What is the best way to avoid competing the keywords in different match types ?
Like in broad match we have to set phrase match and exact match as negative and in phrase match exact match as negative, ..... and .......?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/47633?hl=en

As you mentioned you are targeting via Broad match which already shows results with plural  so there is a chance to compete own keywords.

Why don't you not working with exact keywords which help you get good CTR. If you want to work with broad match then ad negative keywords. 

my 2 cents!