2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to extract Quality Score elements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'd like to extract quality score indicators for every keyword in my account. Is there any other way to extract this data than by clicking a box next to every keyword on the keyword list?
I want these 3 main qs indicators on spreadsheet - in a form like this:
keyword - ad relevance - expetcted CTR - LP quality

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to extract Quality Score elements

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rafal,

As far as I know there is no method to get Quality Score indicators to Spreadsheet with Adwords Scripts. The only way you can see is through Adwords Interface.

Let me call Scripts Expert @Jon_Gritton  to confirm this. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rafal, John Paul is correct in that there is no way to access the indicators you see in the front end, however there are "Quality Indicators" accessible via the API (and only via the API, not through Scripts), see here:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201409/AdGroupCriterionService.QualityInfo

You'll note that these criteria are not exactly what you see against a Keyword; you have Keyword relevancy and landing page quality. but the third is landing page latency (which, as an aside, proves how seriously AdWords takes landing page load times).  You'll also note that these are Boolean values, i.e. they're only "yes" or "no", not the three states shown in the bubble.

It may be possible to build an API app to extract something close to what you want, but I can't be 100% sure.  You may want to head over to the API forum itself where there are experts who swim in these waters all the time.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Rafal,

Jon is correct... Through scripts you can only get the quality score number... not the split factors...
If you want the factors, the API coding is your only way to get it.
The link Jon's mentioned has the parameters you need to use. This returns just boolean values for each of the parameters (keyword - ad relevance - expected CTR - LP quality)
- isKeywordAdRelevanceAcceptable
- isLandingPageQualityAcceptable
- isLandingPageLatencyAcceptable

"qualityScore" can be pulled as an integer value.

It is a good to track the QS and store the values in some place... I use scripts to push the final QS into an excel sheet on Google docs for my core keywords...
This helps me track the fluctuations... cuz Google duzent save and show me historical QS...

hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You all for reply.
I use scripts to track QS also Smiley Happy
For single one account there's no need to track all QS factors, but if there would be any bigger question I'll think about API solution.

There's another question I'd like to ask You. How to increase your quality Score when there's an issue with ad relevance, what to do if your expected CTR is too low and what to do with low LP quality.

I think that problems with ad relevance one could solve by adding words in your ad that are relevant to query, when your expected CTR is too low, you need to change your ads to make CTR higher and in case of LP quality - you need to add some keywords to content on your site. But how do you interpret and optimize to improve these QS factors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rafal,

Stumbled across this as what you requested to begin with is something I've been after for a long time but never been able to get hold of!

As for your second question, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

I've found overtime that the quickest way to influence QS is your CTR, and generally it's the one factor you have most control over - there are often barriers to improving the landing page.

The first two factors - Ad Relevance & Expected CTR - are inextricably linked. Improve your ad relevance and CTR will follow. It's not just about rewriting though, in the first instance it's about structure.

For example, if you have one ad group with the following three keywords: [blue shoes], [red shoes], [yellow shoes] the most relevant you are able to get is to mention "shoes" in the ad.

However, if you split that ad group into three separate ones you can mention the colour of the shoe in the copy and straight away your ad relevance will improve.

Hope that's not too simplistic and is helpful.

Cheers,

Will

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Rafal,

@WillThomas is spot on here; one of the most commonly overlooked aspects of Ad Relevance is the relevance of the Keywords within a Group to each other and the influence this has on their overall relevance to the Ads in that Group.  If the Keywords within a Group vary too much from each other, it's impossible to achieve high Ad Relevance.

It's not unreasonable in many cases to use a single Keyword per Ad Group for ultimate Ad Relevance.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey
Were you able to extract all the three factors to a spread sheet ? Any other way except Boolean ?