AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to exlude from targeting - Guernsey and Jersey?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I created campaigns that is supposed to target only the UK Mainland. I am excluding the following: Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, and Guernsey. I was able to do this for NI and Isle of Man however, Jersey and Guernsey don't show up on the search.

Is there a way to exclude Jersey and Guernsey?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kat D
September 2015

Re: How to exlude from targeting - Guernsey and Jersey?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Kat D,

Welcome to the community!

You can choose locations such as entire countries, areas within a country like cities or territories, or even a radius around a location. AdWords may also suggest related locations that you can choose to target.

If the location unit doesn't show appear in the options like your case that means it's not available to set for Adwords.

For alternatives, Google support Postcodes targeting but it's only available in the U.S. Radius around a location is another approach but I don't think it suits your business, not to mentioned the volume and accuracy is far away from ideal.

Hope this help!

Thanks,
Jason

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kat D
September 2015

Re: How to exlude from targeting - Guernsey and Jersey?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Kat D,

Welcome to the community!

You can choose locations such as entire countries, areas within a country like cities or territories, or even a radius around a location. AdWords may also suggest related locations that you can choose to target.

If the location unit doesn't show appear in the options like your case that means it's not available to set for Adwords.

For alternatives, Google support Postcodes targeting but it's only available in the U.S. Radius around a location is another approach but I don't think it suits your business, not to mentioned the volume and accuracy is far away from ideal.

Hope this help!

Thanks,
Jason