AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to exclude people who already converted (made a transaction).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, i`m selling a subscriptions for period time of 1 month.

So how to show ads on Remarketing excluding those people who already converted (bought a subscription)?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed N
September 2015

Re: How to exclude people who already converted (made a transaction).

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ed,

It's a good question and a good practice to carry out.

The first thing you'll need to do is create a remarketing list for that converting audience. You can do this by going to the Shared library, Audiences and then click on +Remarketing List. From here you'll want to select Visitors of a page from the drop down menu (it's the default choice) and then include the conversion landing page URL as the rule. With your subscription being for a month you'll also want to make sure your Membership duration field is for 30 days which again should be set as that by default. I've included this screenshot to help you out a little bit -

Untitled.png

It's then simply a case of following the instructions found at the bottom of this article. Let me know if you get stuck and I shall try to help! Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ed N
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ed,

It's a good question and a good practice to carry out.

The first thing you'll need to do is create a remarketing list for that converting audience. You can do this by going to the Shared library, Audiences and then click on +Remarketing List. From here you'll want to select Visitors of a page from the drop down menu (it's the default choice) and then include the conversion landing page URL as the rule. With your subscription being for a month you'll also want to make sure your Membership duration field is for 30 days which again should be set as that by default. I've included this screenshot to help you out a little bit -

Untitled.png

It's then simply a case of following the instructions found at the bottom of this article. Let me know if you get stuck and I shall try to help! Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!Smiley Happy

How to exclude people who already converted (made a transaction).

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was very helpful! So just to be clear, AdWords does not automatically exclude converters (based on what you've defined as a conversion in the past) from any campaigns. 

Could this be also achieved by creating the audience in Analytics and importing it?