Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to exclude Mobile Apps from your Display Network Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

How do we exclude the mobile apps from your display network ads, lets say i have a campaign running on display network and i dont want them to appear on any mobile app at all, but just the normal display network sites. how do i do that without turning the mobile & tablets Off ?

Thanks

Tabish

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to exclude Mobile Apps from your Display Network Ads

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@tabish;

I double checked.

I opened a new display campaign and could choose "display only" ---> All features. (As explained in the link)

If you choose that setting, mobile apps are excluded. (There is a separate category / check-box for mobile apps campaigns).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 37
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi tabish,

Thats a nice question, without turning off the mobile & tablets targeting, there are other ways to achieve it.  

For excluding mobile apps from Display Network Ads, there are two ways.

1. Exclude all mobile apps in Google Display Network :

Just paste "adsenseformobileapps.com" in the “Placements” section of “Campaign Exclusions” from the Display Network tab.

For additional reference, visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722057?hl=en

2. Exclude specific mobile apps from showing your ads :

• iPhone: To exclude iPhone apps, format your placement exclusion with “mobileapp::1-” followed by the iOS appstore ID which is the series of digits in the App store URL“id.” For example, to exclude the LabPixies LineUp 2 app you’d enter mobileapp::1-476954712.
  • Android apps: To exclude Android apps, format your placement exclusion with “mobileapp::2-” followed by the Android app package name which is the last part of the Google Play URL after the “=” symbol. For example, to exclude the LabPixies ColorDrips game app you’d enter mobileapp::2-com.labpixies.colordrips.

For additional reference, visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en

Hope this solves your query Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi tabish;

Out of my memory (not next to an account)...

Just select "display network ---> all features", and then select  mobile devices.

Do Not select Mobile apps.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

If you are talking of the main page on campaign, it just gives the mobile app option (as if you are running mobile apps,no option to exclude mobile app)

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi tabish;

Check this article;

Choose the campaign type that's right for you;

Display Network only campaign types

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2567043

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the help, but the issue is still same--within the display networks, on mobile and tablets, how to stop ads appearing on apps, and let them Only run on display network normal sites, not able to find any option where i can do it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@tabish;

I double checked.

I opened a new display campaign and could choose "display only" ---> All features. (As explained in the link)

If you choose that setting, mobile apps are excluded. (There is a separate category / check-box for mobile apps campaigns).

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Moshe,

I found it this way> gotta add this in excluded placement

adsenseformobileapps.com

Cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tabish,

This is the best way I have found as well and something we'll need to get used to doing with
Enhanced Campaigns.

Another exclusion to consider is appspot.com

Cheers,
Nathan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Just talked to my AdWords rep about this as we are getting loads of ridiculous, low quality, hits from spammy mobile apps. The official way to do it is via the following, extremely intuitive, procedure:

1. Open your campaign.
2. Click the Display 'Network tab'
3. Click 'Interests & remarketing'
4. Open 'Exclusions'
5. Select 'Categories'
6. Click 'Add exclusions'
7. Select 'GMob mobile app non-interstitial' (Currently the last option in the list).

That's it. Easy.

Now if only I could get rid of the remaining click fraud on the GDN.

You can also use this to exclude content from Parked domains, error pages, juvenile and in-game content.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's a great tip - unfortunately we still see Mobile App traffic despite using this as an excluded category so keep checking back on your placements - just in case!