Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to eliminate clicks with zero session duration

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As a solution I had decided to exclude IP addresses with zero session duration  but can not do this because support had said that Google did not share such info (visitors IP)  with clients. They had said that I should use my site logs for this. But how I could recognize such visits in logs? 

Everything is quite good with my Adwords campaigns. I work at B2B, quite small market- medical devices, so I think that my competitors makes a lot of clicks. That`s why I thought that elimination of particular IP who often clicks my ads could be good idea. Unfortunately, Google did not want to give me such an opportunity.

Maybe someone already had similar questions? Had tried search here - no results.

P.S. All suggestions here till now (December 23, 2015) are irrelevant so, if someone will start thinking in this direction - please contact me for thoughts exchange.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to eliminate clicks with zero session duration

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Serg,

This issue seems to be related to Google analytics so, please post your thread in analytics section

For your reference: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics/ct-p/Google_Analytics

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Serg BC,

That's going to be tough to do. You will have to find entries in your web log that hit your landing page and didn't visit any other pages on your site. I suppose you could write a program that did that. It would be difficult to identify repeat visits during the same day or session.

But I'm really not sure this is a good idea unless you are getting multiple visits from the same IP address exhibiting this behavior. IP address are not necessarily unique to one visitor. The addresses could be coming from a pool, so someone else could end up hitting your site with the same IP address.

If you are getting a high bounce rate, I'd suggest tuning your keywords, ad copy, and possibly the landing page as well.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Petebardo,

thanks for your answer. Everything is quite good with my Adwords campaigns. I work at B2B, quite small market- medical devices, so I think that my competitors makes a lot of clicks. That`s why I thought that elimination of particular IP who often clicks my ads could be good idea. Unfortunately, Google did not want to give me such an opportunity.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

for me it`s problem with Adwords. Or you think that I could somehow receive IPs from Analytics?