Guide Me
star_border

How to double the spend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi all,

Seem easy - but before I adjust anything I just want to make sure:

I'm about to double the spend of a campaign. I bid manually and just doubling the daily max shouldn't change anything as the campaign is not spending at its max.

If I double the bid for all keywords, I presume I'll get more clicks at a higher rate.

Is there a good way to raise the spend to double the level it's at now?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to double the spend

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello jannerbasse; welcome;

>> "If I double the bid for all keywords, I presume I'll get more clicks at a higher rate"

I would not just double the bid "all across the board".

Recalling that AdRank is QS multiplied by bid, I would:

• For keywords that get low average position, but with a high QS - Increase the bid.
  • For keywords that get low average position and low QS, I would first try to work on the QS, and only later (if unsuccessful), to higher the bid.

Read more on improving QS:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hio Mposhe!

Thank you for the answer and sorry for the lateness of my reply.

What if I have 1000s of keywords with great QS and I just want to see more conversions and have decided to double the spend - is there a way to do so in adwords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi jannerbasse

It depends on the structure of your account, but one common way to make the increase would be to adjust the default Max CPC on the ad groups, which changes any keywords that are set to the default bid.

You can also use the new Edit dropdown menu. When some (or all) keywords are selected, click Edit and choose Change Max CPC bids... One of the options in the menu is Increase Max CPC bids by..., which you can adjust as needed.