AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to divide budget according to regions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear AdWords community,

I just wanted to know if its possible to have a single budget and then somehow instruct adwords to divide it according to regions? For example, let's stay I have a 500 USD monthly budget that I wish to spend like this:

USA - 70%

CAN - 15%

UK - 15%

Is there a way to configure the budget so that ads stop showing in each region when its specific part of the budget is consumed? Or would I need to manually divide the budget and create different campaigns?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: How to divide budget according to regions?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Camilio,

Unfortunately, not. You would have to create separate campaigns but there are several benefits to doing that any way. They may perform better at different times of day, or perform differently on mobile, for instance, and you could use different time of day and device modifiers to optimize for the differences. These are just a few of many benefits! Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Camilo; How are you?  And welcome back;

Honestly; I prefer the classic method; a dedicated landing page for each Geo location with a separate campaign (for each location)  having its own budget.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Excellent info; thanks for taking your time to reply, Amy!

I'll proceed to make separate campaigns. Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Moshe! And I'm doing great, thanks! Hope the same for you.

Yes, I will definitely implement separate campaigns, each one with the corresponding part of the global budget. Thanks for the help and it's nice to be welcomed back Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Happy to help!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with Amy, there is no option to divide the budget according to region on a same campaign (unless you develop a very complex AdWords Script to manage it for you automatically, but also would not work very good).

The problem in creating different campaigns is that you will make it a bit complex to manage it in the end: Every time you decide to add keywords, negative keywords, create a new ad / ad group, segment a new product, try a new strategy, etc.. you will need to do it per Campaign (copy to other 2 campaigns) - its easily to manage 1 Campaign with 30 adGroups compared to 3 campaigns and 90 ad groups - and we are still not talking yet about the case you decide to add more campaign for different strategies like Display, Remarketing, Dynamic Search Ads, etc... for every new strategy you will need to implement and copy it for 2 other region.

If  your situation is one that you really need to show different ad messages or have different Landing page for each of the regions - go on, 3x campaigns is for you. But if you do not need to have different Ads, different landing pages across USA/CAN/UK and you do not to be so rigid on your budget share, I would recommend you to have 1 Campaign for the 3 regions.

The point is: You could enable CPA or ROAS for the single campaign and the system will automatically adjust different cpc for the each region according to each country conversion rate - this certainly would not follow your budget share (70%/15%/15%) but it would adjust the budget in a way that you would extract the maximum conversions from your monthly  500 USD across the 3 countries - and would never worry about copying and pasting keywords, ads, adgroups across 3 different campaigns - you would have more time to focus on managing it for performance.

You have the advantage if for example you have for some reason a very high conversion rate in some of the 3 countries it will trend your budget for that country (due cpc adjustment) - if this trend change in the future, it will adjust it automatically for you.

If you opt for CPA strategy is important to set the correct CPA value or the strategy will fail.

If you have not the requirements for CPA, you can go manual CPC but you will need to ajust the location cpc % manually according to each location conversion rate.