Guide Me
star_border

How to dig potential converting keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you. 

I have a question about expanding the current keywords conversion capacity.

Now in my account, I have around 2,000 keywords, but the number of converting keywords number is around 150 (monthly) including brand terms.. And the number of top non-brand term converting keywords (monthly conversion>5) is around 20, others just get 1 conversion occasionally.

Previous strategy is keep those high converting keywords get as many conversion as possible under monthly budge.

But now competition is more fierce. I want to find potential converting keywords from current converting keywords pool, which maybe were ignored before . 

Do you have any idea? or build a XY module or do you have other ways to find potential converting keywords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to dig potential converting keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Wong,

Please analyse the Search terms report to find new search terms with high potential, and you can add them to your keyword list.

Find details here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

You can also split your present campaign. Creating a separate campaign for Brand terms will be good, as it will allow you to give a specific budget for your brand campaign. You can also create very specific ads and use specific ad extensions with this campaign.

You can also move your best converting keywords to a separate campaign. This will help you to utilize your daily budget more effectively by giving more budget to your converting keywords campaign.

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your suggestion

Yes, I have built the brand campaign and high converting campaigns and give them enough budget to run.

I mean how to find other converting keywords which have not got high conversion, but maybe they have potential and were be ignored before. I have many keywords just got one conversion occasionally. maybe I didn't give them high biding price before, I don't know how to choose potential keywords to develop.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Wong,

Check the previous data of your occasionally converting/ non converting keywords.

Try if you can get more conversions by improving their ad position and CTR.

Try improving the ad positions by bidding high and improving quality score. Break down the present ad groups to more tightly themed ad groups if needed.

Test more specific/different ad copies and try a different landing pages if possible.

Check the search term report, include the converting keyword variations in your keywords and add irrelevant keywords as negative keywords.

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much, Deepak, give me some ideas to test

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You are most welcome, Wong!