AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to design interactive ADS with Google Web Designer

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

One of the challenges I face working with different companies on their Adwords campaigns has been creative. For most advertisers, AD creatives are always found wanting for better CTR, customer engagement and ROI. The need for fresh and engaging ads for a successful campaign is crucial in Display marketing and yet for most advertisers that is not the case. ADS are either very static and carry same messages across different customer journeys or the design is not captivating enough. read more

Check out my new AD i designed and created as one of the ways I am teaching myself how to use Google Web Designer for Adwords and Double Click. 

Live AD: https://dbc588baa08a51b665cd5c86d975a8b2c8fc4ffa.googledrive.com/host/0B1-I_QKkVOjraDNrT0haREZuNUE/  

Walk this Journey with me as I learn GWD and lets learn together.

Tell me what you think and follow me here for video tutorials I will be creating soon.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to design interactive ADS with Google Web Designer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That is pretty **bleep** sweet! Nicely done. I know that's not easy in GWD. It's got a steep learning curve. I'm. On the same journey myself.

I agree with what you say about creative. However, I've found that the ad gallery ideas, once tweaked a bit, can offer some fantastic performance. Couple them with Ad customizers and you're in good shape. The beauty is that you can change messaging instantly and of course that the sets are responsive. The hard part is convincing clients to try them out.

With GWD, scaling the production and copy change messaging is tough too. That's why I think there's slow uptake (that and the learning curve). Ad gallery is just too easy.

Definitely want to see/read more about how you work towards figuring these out.

Re: How to design interactive ADS with Google Web Designer

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Dave, thanks for such a wonderful comment, steep learning curve indeed, I droped the software three times as I was getting frustrated and couldn't do much apart from using the templates. My last attempt has really worked and I have done different ads for adwords and double click and the more I create these Ads the more I am discovering new tricks.

So I will definitely share with you once I am done with video tuts.

Thanks once again.