AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to create re-targeting "pixel" for a website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a re-targeting campaign and placed the code in the repective page. But, I need to create re-targeting pixel for another website for which I haven't created any campaings or ad-groups but i need to create the re-targeting pixel and place it on the website first. Anyone pls help me on this..

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to create re-targeting "pixel" for a website

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi balu1getfriday,

That is exactly correct.

Many people refer to the "remarketing code" as the "remarketing pixel" in that the code returns an image 1 pixel x 1 pixel.

The code is not tied to any campaign. Put the code on appropriate pages of the site. For example, if you are building a list for remarketing "shoes", place the code on all pages the sell shoes but do not place the code on pages that sell sweaters.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I am not quite sure if I understood your question. Can you please elaborate when you say re-targeting pixel?

If you can give us some more details on what exactly you want to accomplish, Community might be able to assist you further.

Pankaj 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not created any campaigns or adgroups for the new website. But some campaign have already present for another website which are receiving good clicks. What I need is to create re-targeting pixel for the new website.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Did you mean re-marketing code for the new website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it the only option in ad-words "Remarketing Code" because I have already generated the code but would like to know that if I simply go to shared library->audience->new audience->remarketing list->and created a tag and fetched the code. Can I simply place this on the new website? or the code is generated based on the existing campaigns?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi balu1getfriday,

That is exactly correct.

Many people refer to the "remarketing code" as the "remarketing pixel" in that the code returns an image 1 pixel x 1 pixel.

The code is not tied to any campaign. Put the code on appropriate pages of the site. For example, if you are building a list for remarketing "shoes", place the code on all pages the sell shoes but do not place the code on pages that sell sweaters.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
can google give a free trial to run a campaign for new user like me

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Mohd,

Please start a new thread for your question.

Pete

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question or comment.

Thank you.