5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to create re-targeting "pixel" for a website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a re-targeting campaign and placed the code in the repective page. But, I need to create re-targeting pixel for another website for which I haven't created any campaings or ad-groups but i need to create the re-targeting pixel and place it on the website first. Anyone pls help me on this..

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create re-targeting "pixel" for a website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I am not quite sure if I understood your question. Can you please elaborate when you say re-targeting pixel?

If you can give us some more details on what exactly you want to accomplish, Community might be able to assist you further.

Pankaj 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not created any campaigns or adgroups for the new website. But some campaign have already present for another website which are receiving good clicks. What I need is to create re-targeting pixel for the new website.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Did you mean re-marketing code for the new website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it the only option in ad-words "Remarketing Code" because I have already generated the code but would like to know that if I simply go to shared library->audience->new audience->remarketing list->and created a tag and fetched the code. Can I simply place this on the new website? or the code is generated based on the existing campaigns?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi balu1getfriday,

That is exactly correct.

Many people refer to the "remarketing code" as the "remarketing pixel" in that the code returns an image 1 pixel x 1 pixel.

The code is not tied to any campaign. Put the code on appropriate pages of the site. For example, if you are building a list for remarketing "shoes", place the code on all pages the sell shoes but do not place the code on pages that sell sweaters.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
can google give a free trial to run a campaign for new user like me

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Mohd,

Please start a new thread for your question.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question or comment.

Thank you.