AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to create ads for mobile version of websites?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am already running campaign for my websites. Now i want to start mobile ads. My problem is I want to redirect the keyword to differnet landing page on mobile device. How can I set up that? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create ads for mobile version of websites?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

So why don't you create a seperate ad copy with the landing page for the mobile site? usually these days most of the website made responsive so you will not have seperate site for mobile.

But sometime back most of the developers use to make sites with sub-domains like www.mobile.example.com or www.m.example.com .

If you have a separate sub domain like this for mobiles use it as destination URL and make a different ad copy.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
If I create a separate ad for mobile then will the KW destination URL not get preference over mobile ad destination URL??

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
No, What i would prefer is if u really want to track mobile performance create a seperate campaign as mobile and use dedicated ad copies and adgroup to mobiles.

In this way you will be able to measure results properly.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Richa,

Following are few point one need to know while creating mobile optimize ads 

"In a single enhanced campaign, you can show different ads to your customers depending on what device they're using or when they're searching for you. For example, you can create a mobile-optimized text ad, which is an ad for which you've set the "Device preference" setting to "Mobile", that's tailored to customers using mobile devices.

How standard text ads and mobile-optimized text ads work

Let’s say your ad group contains both a standard text ad and a mobile-optimized text ad. On mobile devices, your mobile-optimized text ad will be given preference over standard text ads. On desktop or laptop computers and tablets, your standard text ad will be given preference over mobile-optimized text ads.

It's important to note that if your ad group contains only mobile-optimized text ads (which we don’t recommend), those ads may appear on desktop or laptop computers as well as tablets.

A mobile-optimized ad will only be given preference over other ads of the same type. Text ads, Dynamic Search Ads, Product Listing Ads, specialized-searched ads, WAP mobile ads, and ads that can run only on the Display Network are considered different ad types."

Read more about it here

Hope this helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zaidan,

If my keyword destination URL is desktop version of my website, then when a person click on a mobile ad where it will go?? On desktop verion or mobile version?? because adwords give preference to KW destination URL over ad destination URL.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RichaAgarwal
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

If your keyword is eligible to trigger a mobile-optimized ad, consider adding a special tag known as a URL parameter to the keyword's destination URL: {device}. Then, you can redirect your keyword destination URLs to a landing page that's optimized for mobile devices. Learn more about using the {device} parameter.

Ream more about it here 

Hope this helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much Zaidan.

Thats a great help Smiley Happy