AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to create a URL of a landing page for a better QS ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello to everybody !

We are planning a new marketing campaign with a new landing page. What recommandations could you give me for creating the URL for our PPC campaigns ? Does the URL really influence the Quality Score of ads ? It will be a subdomain.

Thanks for your help !

Cheers, Kaci

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Kaci,

as far as I know there is no direct impact of your final url/display url on QS. However a service/product related domain names, which will be shown in display URL can affect clickthrough rate or CTR and that is one of the factors of QS. This will have marginal impact and I would recommend you to rather focus on Ad texts itself and quality of landing page, which can boost your QS a lot more. 

Tomáš

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Kaci,

Great question.

Your landing page URL does have some impact on your Quality Score. It would fall under the "Landing Page Experience" portion of Quality Score. Google doesn't indicate how much of an impact the URL has on Quality Score. It's probably not huge, but enough to think about what words you want to use in your URL.

I recommend using keywords in your landing page URL which are consistent with the focus of the landing page, which in turn should be relevant to the traffic you're sending to that page. For example, if you're selling a heat-mapping tool, you could use a URL like example.com/heat-mapping-tool.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you use a subdomain as a landing page, the subdomain will appear in your display URL. Your display URL will impact your CTR (the more relevant you appear, the more likely people are to click your ads), which in turn will impact your Quality Score.

I hope that's helpful!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kaci,

URL of the landing page is more important from the User Experience standpoint. To increase the quality score you will need to craft an ad copy and a landing which are as relevant to each other as possible. At the same time you need to make sure that both properties are relevant to the particular search query. 

Example: 

Search Keyword: Red birthday roses
Ad Copy: Send Red Birthday Roses - Delivery Less Than 24hrs

URL: www.website.com/red-birthday-roses
Landing Page: Featuring the variety of red roses along with the necessary supporting title(s) and keywords. 

I hope this helps.
Vahag