AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to avoid repeat clicks or apply a click cap for search campaign ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Some of our Ads are clicked by the same (potential)customers again & again, This way, we are losing lots of money.

I want to restrict my Ads in such a way that, if any user has clicked my advertisement two times before, then I don't want to display my advertisement again. i.e I want to apply maximum click limit for any users.

Please someone guide to achieve it, losing lots of money on this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to avoid repeat clicks or apply a click cap for search campaign ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

If these are display ads then you can use frequency capping to limit your ads to be shown to a unique user but if it search network ad then you can not stop.
Though Google automatically filters such clicks as invalid clicks and if unfortunately if such clicks get escaped then you will be refunded as invalid activity which you can check in the billing tab.
Reference:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I am looking for similar solns for Google Search only.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Google does not offer this feature to search network campaigns where you can cap the ad impressions or clicks manually like display campaigns.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mani,
If your are using remarketing tag and have minimum traffic of 1000 into your remarketing list, you can exclude your repeated visitors through exclusion list into Audience tab or include audience and lower bid to command. Need to carefully use this option while choosing "bid only" or "bid and target" option.

Thanks
Vivek