AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Target New Customers Only through Remarketing?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running many campaigns through adwords due to which I am getting new (first time) and old visitors. But, my problem is I want only first time customers.

I am thinking to create the remarketing list for the visitors who have visited my website in last few days and target visitors who are not in this list hence targeting new visitors only. Please suggest, how can I do it efficiently.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Target New Customers Only through Remarketing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mreenal,

Remarketing is used to reach people who have previously visited your site.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

You can not use remarketing to target people who hasn't visited your site.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mreenal C
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes you are right Mreenal, you can use remarketing list as negative list to target only new visitors.

You can try 2 ways

#1. Add your remarketing list as negative to your campaign/ad groups which will exclude the visitors in your remarketing list
If it’s display campaign then you can set it from Display network >> Targeting >> “Ad group exclusion” /”Campaign exclusion” >>”Interests & remarketing” >> Remarketing lists tab >> Select a list here.

If it’s search campaign then you can set it from Audiences >> “+Remarketing”>> “Ad group exclusion” /”Campaign exclusion” >>”Interests & remarketing” >> Remarketing lists tab >> Select a list here.

#2.    You can add the remarketing list and lower the bids significantly to remarketing list (Not too perfect solution but you may try it)

But you can consider below points while using remarketing list-

#1  If you want a new visitor who has visited none of the pages from the website before, make sure remarketing tags are implemented on all pages. As "All visitors" will really then be for all visitors visitign any pages of your website.
  #2   Visitors only in your remarketing lists will be excluded.
  #3   Make sure your lists will keep on getting populated, for any reason if you close it, the returning visitors may be shown an ad (as it won’t be in closed remarketing list)
  #4  Consider the size of the remarketing list before its usage here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en 

Also you can check the behavior of the visitors by linking your AdWords account with analytics and add the column under analytics “% new visits” like shown below and check the data here.
visits.jpg

Hope this helps!

SJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much SJ. I am sure it will certainly help.