Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Rotate 4 ads with 2 different url evenly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I want to A/B test 2 different landing pages for 1 ad group. For this purpose I created 6 ads ( every 2 are the same, the only difference is the destination url. How can I set the ads with different URLs to rotate evenly, so I can measure the results proparly.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Rotate 4 ads with 2 different url evenly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your best bet is to only test ONE variable at a time. Ad text DOES have an impact on conversion rate.

Go back to two identical ads and rotate them evenly, you'll get better results. You may also want to look into Google Analytics Content Experiments to do it with the same landing page.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Aren't there a way to rotate them evenly if they are more than 2 identical
ads. I want to test the ad copy and the URLs at the same time.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

As a second opinion to what Dave already suggested : you can test with 2 ad groups each with 2 Ads , one being the experiment Ad Group and the other the Control Ad Group, with the ACE feature.

Read details about a case study from here :

https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/viewer?url=http://services.google.com/fh/files/helpcenter/googl...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I tried once, multi-variable testing (ads and landing pages) - this required in depth knowledge in statistics, and  a careful setting of the experiment by a well trained statistician.
I could not get any conclusive results, and had to revert and test a single  parameter /change at a time, as @Dave_Davis suggested.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Free & Best way to do this is using Google Analytics "experiment". Earlier we were using "Google Website Optimizer" for the same purpose but Now this tool has been merged with Analytics.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745147?hl=en

Follow the steps in the above link and you will easily be able to setup an experiment to test out your LPs. This tool allows you to distribute the overall traffic by a percentage you prefer to use (Ex. 65% Traffic to Original and 35% to Other page variant) Google server automatically send traffic to both landing pages.

-Rohit

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem I had with content experiments is that I could not find a setting to separate free and paid traffic from the experiment, so I could not limit the results only to paid traffic. Perhaps somebody knows how to configure Content Experiments better.