AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Reach Multiple Cities with the SAME Landing Page (Don't want to break any Google rules!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. My business is a simple counseling service that is provided over the phone. So, the location of each customer doesn't matter.  I would like to somehow use the names of specific major cities in my ads, to catch the attention of people looking for that service.  But I don't want to be accused of spamming or breaking some Google rule. 

Would something like this be allowed?

$99 Chicago Counseling

Chicago counseling. Same Day Service!

Guaranteed service.  Senior Discounts.

[same domain]

Keywords might include:

Chicago counseling

Chicago counseling service

. . . . . Then I would just change the CITY NAME in other ad groups

(for example, "New York Counseling", "Minneaoplis Counseling", etc.)

But in all cases, the LANDING PAGE domain will be the SAME.

What advice does anybody have for me?  Thanks so much.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harvey
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Key Word insertion".(DKI)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Harvey; welcome;

AdWords has a feature / tool for that called "Dynamic Key Word insertion".(DKI)

Please check this guide, on the technicalities of using this feature, and check with us again, after testing it.

(Please note : it might not run properly on the first run, and needs some "set-up". But it works well.

[Edited] : Another option is to geographically target each city separately, with a different campaign. But in this case I would recommend a different landing page , while you want to keep only one.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello again @Harvey ;
I (somehow) missed your follow-up.
Without getting into the complexity; go with {keyword:Chicago}. The other option (depending on the length of your text) may result in a text line that exceeds the allowed number of characters.
As for your second question: I do not recommend on "thumb " or heuristic rules for ad-copy. The ad-copy - in my opinion - should be attractive with a call to action, to "catch the user's eyes" and getting him to click.

click

Harvey

wrote:

Thanks for your quick answer, Moshe!

I appreciate it very much.

Question #1: Which of these snippets do you think I should use?

{keyword:Chicago}

or

{keyword:Chicago Alcohol Counseling}

Question #2: Do you think it is good to have the SAME keyword appear in the headline AND in the body? (In other words, should I put this SAME snippet somewhere in the headline, and ALSO in the body?)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Harvey; welcome;

AdWords has a feature / tool for that called "Dynamic Key Word insertion".(DKI)

Please check this guide, on the technicalities of using this feature, and check with us again, after testing it.

(Please note : it might not run properly on the first run, and needs some "set-up". But it works well.

[Edited] : Another option is to geographically target each city separately, with a different campaign. But in this case I would recommend a different landing page , while you want to keep only one.

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Question #1:  Which of these snippets do you think I should use?

or

Question #2:  Do you think it is good to have the SAME keyword appear in the headline AND in the body?  (In other words, should I put this SAME snippet somewhere in the headline, and ALSO in the body?)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

HI,

Todayin same community I read about city name, zip code insertion in ad text.

Like DKI, you can insert your city name like {lb.city:default} , where default is the city name which will be shown when search city do not match.

Search & learn for this method, it may be the thing you are looking for.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello again @Harvey ;
I (somehow) missed your follow-up.
Without getting into the complexity; go with {keyword:Chicago}. The other option (depending on the length of your text) may result in a text line that exceeds the allowed number of characters.
As for your second question: I do not recommend on "thumb " or heuristic rules for ad-copy. The ad-copy - in my opinion - should be attractive with a call to action, to "catch the user's eyes" and getting him to click.

click

Harvey

wrote:

Question #1: Which of these snippets do you think I should use?

or

Question #2: Do you think it is good to have the SAME keyword appear in the headline AND in the body? (In other words, should I put this SAME snippet somewhere in the headline, and ALSO in the body?)