AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Put product ID of thousands of products in dynamic remarketing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Members,

It's been a long to post here. I was looking in dynamic remaketing for e-commerce products and got confused to know that we need to put the product ID's from merchant feed on pages to track in dynamic remarketing. 

My confusion is how we should included thousands of product ID's in remarketing code? Will not it make code messy and heavy to website? Does it possible to put thousands of ID's manually in remarketing script?

How we can know the product ID's for shopping cart page while we never know the products being selected by user before checked out? 

Please give me some example of how we should implement an effective dynamic remarketing?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: How to Put product ID of thousands of products in dynamic remarket

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Skopenheart,

Great question! Basically, you will have to set up a dynamic remarketing tag with custom parameters. Here is the article that explains how to do that. Basically, you have to make a change on any page that you want to have a product be remarketed. In other words, you need to update the remarketing code with the product id on each individual product page. 

Hope that helps. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I appreciate your response. I have already read the article mentioned by you in reply. My question is how to put thousands of product ID's in custom parameters? Will not it take time and heavy website?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi skopenheart, if you attempt to do this manually it will certainly take a long time, a lot of work and will be prone to errors.  When dealing with any reasonably large number of products I'd expect the code to be generated programatically.  The code itself changes very little from product to product, all you need do is ensure each product page has the relevant identifiers entered.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for understanding my concern and question. How could i do it automatically? What should i need to implement in my ecommerce store to create this automatically? Is there any article on it?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

The answer is that it's different with every e-commerce platform so we can't provide documentation.

However some of the most popular ones (shopify, magento, etc...) typically have documentation about how to integrate the AdWords remarketing tag for dynamic remarketing. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@maxime welcome your message but your reply is very diplomatic and i want a practical solution of this issue. I am still looking for the way of implementing dynamic remarketing targeting code in ecommerce websites.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Since the answer is different for every website, if you tell us what website you're trying to implement it in we should be able to help.

Also tell us what type of e-commerce platform you use: is it a packaged solution (magento, shopify, prestashop, squarespace, yahoo stores, etc...) or is it custom made?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
Accourding to my experience, Its better to tag your website through google analytic(Do Some Changes In google analyric code like add new dimension for product id) Referance:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6002231?hl=en
and Then Import This Into google adwords.

I think its not possible to add thousands of products id manually into google adwords.