AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Perform A/B Testing in Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to A/B test 2 LP's using Adwords experiments. I run tracking at the KW level so the actual A/B test sholud be done on the final URL at the KW level.

I can't seem to find where I can create the test for the final URL at the KW level. Is this even possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Perform A/B Testing in Google Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PPC R,

A/B testing 2 LP's is called a Content Experiment for which you'll need a Google Analytics (GA) tool that you can find under you TOOLS tab in your AdWords account. That way you can test max 10 versions of a single page, each of them having a separate URL.

Find information on the help-pages linked to below and the subsequent pages.

*** Overview of Content Experiments ***
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745147?hl=en&ref_topic=1745207&rd=1

You may restrict the scope of the Content Experiment to the ad group level by creating a proper Filter for the appropriate View in GA. Whether or not you only place 1 keyword in that particular ad group is up to you. The filter for the view should be created before creating the above Content Experiment.

The above is just in a nutshell for orientation purposes, you are advised to be prepared to read a lot.

Best,
Lakatos