AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to Perform A/B Testing in Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to A/B test 2 LP's using Adwords experiments. I run tracking at the KW level so the actual A/B test sholud be done on the final URL at the KW level.

I can't seem to find where I can create the test for the final URL at the KW level. Is this even possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Perform A/B Testing in Google Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PPC R,

A/B testing 2 LP's is called a Content Experiment for which you'll need a Google Analytics (GA) tool that you can find under you TOOLS tab in your AdWords account. That way you can test max 10 versions of a single page, each of them having a separate URL.

Find information on the help-pages linked to below and the subsequent pages.

*** Overview of Content Experiments ***
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745147?hl=en&ref_topic=1745207&rd=1

You may restrict the scope of the Content Experiment to the ad group level by creating a proper Filter for the appropriate View in GA. Whether or not you only place 1 keyword in that particular ad group is up to you. The filter for the view should be created before creating the above Content Experiment.

The above is just in a nutshell for orientation purposes, you are advised to be prepared to read a lot.

Best,
Lakatos